Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Add topic

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to some sweet southern hospitality this september! See you in Columbia!!!
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Columbia is a great place. They hold an annual sport management conference in November, and the scene certainly lends itself to everyone having a great time. I am definately planning on making the trip for the game!!!
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Forget about boring Columbia....head to death valley for our game with the Tigers. Superb town and college football atmosphere...blows So. Carolina out of the water.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

I just noticed on the Season Ticket renewal form that they have Saturday Oct. 7th as the TBA 12th game date. So who else is available that weekend?
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Good question. I have heard that the Owls want a 1-AA team. FAMU is open on 10/7, but it already has 11 games scheduled. As best I understand things, the NCAA has yet to approve a 12th regular season game for 1-AA (though it did for 1-A, of course).

That said, the MAC is uncommonly late in announcing its schedule this year. The last time I checked, it still was not posted (though all other conferences have been posted). Looking at some of the future schedule sites, I see that three MAC schools might be possibilities for 10/7, though I have no idea whether they would be interested in going to Lockhart or whether FAU would be interested in playing them. The three are Ohio (not Ohio State), Toledo and Western Michigan. None had anything booked on 10/7 and all were looking for one additional non-conference opponent, according to one of the future schedule sites.

As I understand it, Rutgers is open 10/7 and has only 11 games scheduled. Also, for a very, very long shot (try 3,000 miles), San Jose State is clear on 10/7; it has 12 games scheduled but because one is against Hawaii, it is allowed to schedule 13, I think. The farthest east it plans to travel, though, is New Mexico State.

It is possible that FAU could talk some opponent into switching dates to clear some other weekend. For example, the Troy game could (technically) be moved to 10/7, freeing up the current FAU-Troy date (11/11).

Who knows? Maybe Edward Waters is clear …. remember those guys?
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

grayowl..you always do a nice job with your "potential game" layout.

It would be nice for Rutgers to visit FAU. That's not a long shot because Coach Shiano is a frequent south Florida recruiter. It could be a very positive trip for them during the October month.

Of course I like the mid majors you mentioned from the MAC. Those are true measuring sticks for an up and coming team like FAU.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Well, so much for Rutgers. The future schedule site I was using was behind the times, which sometimes happens. I checked Rutgers' official site and it lists 12 games, so the Scarlet Knights are fully booked.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Too bad about Rutgers.

There's no reason why we can't get a home and home with one of the Mid major teams. I don't believe that they have a pipeline to the area. It can only help their cause to come down here.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

Don't they have billboards up down here?? That would be great for them for recruiting, and maybe even us.

Imagine this scenario.

Recruit: "Yeah, Coach, I'll meet up with you guys at Lockhart for the game against FAU."

Rutgers shows up, gets beat by us and loses some potential recruits. Then again, we probably still have the ability to keep some high caliber players from instate without something like that taking place.

Would be pretty funny.
Back to the top

FAU 2006 Prelim Schedule

That day is coming. Hopefully real soon. That would be a funny scenario. They do have/had boards in the Miami/Dade area. Rutgers actually have/had a billboard in Tampa also.

I'm sure that an out of state team already had recruits sitting on their sidelines or in attendance. We probably didn't help our cause. I'm only saying that based on our home record.

Back to the top
Control functions: