Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU vs FIU

Add topic

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU vs FIU

I think that if they were to move the series to some time other then the weekend of Thanksgiving, there would be more fans. A lot of students go home or visit family for Thanksgiving.
Back to the top

You think Saturday was low. Any attendance guesses for the OB's finale next Saturday, featuring North Texas (2-9, I think) at FIU (0-11)?
Back to the top

grayowl said

You think Saturday was low. Any attendance guesses for the OB's finale next Saturday, featuring North Texas (2-9, I think) at FIU (0-11)?

:o

Yeh, that place might be empty, under 1K
Back to the top

It was a very big win for us last night and I am happy with the way we came out and took care of business, except I am concern that we did lose focus at one point in the game and continue to make mistakes on special teams that puts us in bad situations that can make a difference in close games & important ones like we will have next week in Troy.

Link:
Some post game commentary on yesterday's game

The one loss to Monroe earlier in the season now makes it a must win situation for us to make it to a Bowl game & to share a conference title with Troy  - at least we still have a shot and hopefully the teams respond with their best effort next week.

Back to the top

Bytor said

The one loss to Monroe earlier in the season now makes it a must win situation for us to make it to a Bowl game & to share a conference title with Troy  - at least we still have a shot and hopefully the teams respond with their best effort next week.

The Owls will need to have a better second half against Troy. Particularly a better 3rd qtr. Those of us listening to the game heard the commentator on the field say that ALL the FAU coaches were mad as hell during the 3rd qtr or early 4th (I'm not sure which) because of the lackadaisic play at that point.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

holytoledo said

I think that if they were to move the series to some time other then the weekend of Thanksgiving, there would be more fans. A lot of students go home or visit family for Thanksgiving.

More than half of my friends that usually go to games… went home for Thanksgiving, with home being St.Pete, Tally, Orlando, etc

As long as Shula Bowl is held on this date, they will have this problem.
Back to the top

holytoledo said

Exactly! Who the hell decided to host the Shula Bowl on Thanksgiving weekend? It's very inconvenient. Living in the dorms at FIU, there a lot of out-of-state kids that go back up north to visit family for the weekend as I'm sure is the same case for FAU. If we want the rivalry to get stronger, it needs to be moved away from Thanksgiving weekend. Plus, when the games are back at our new stadium next year, more people will go.

In a nutshell, Shula Bowl=not on Thanksgving weekend.
Back to the top

FIUpanther said

holytoledo said

Exactly! Who the hell decided to host the Shula Bowl on Thanksgiving weekend? It's very inconvenient. Living in the dorms at FIU, there a lot of out-of-state kids that go back up north to visit family for the weekend as I'm sure is the same case for FAU. If we want the rivalry to get stronger, it needs to be moved away from Thanksgiving weekend. Plus, when the games are back at our new stadium next year, more people will go.

In a nutshell, Shula Bowl=not on Thanksgving weekend.

While i agree with you that moving it to the following weekend would help.  The main thing that would help the rivalry is to have FIU actually win a game
Back to the top

All the big-time schools have rivalry weekend on this same weekend and they don't seem to lack fans.  If we want to make it big we need to attend.  I think it is just a weak excuse for both school's lousy attendance.  We both have lousy attendance every game, so if students do not deem the game important enough to stick around then maybe the big-time is further away than we all hope and think. 
Back to the top

Must of those schools have been playing in those rivalries for a long time

These are both young programs, moving the game might not be a bad thing, lets remember that this game was created as a "bowl" game, last game of the season for both teams, when they where STILL at 1-AA

Things have now changed and we might have to consider making a change.
Back to the top
Control functions: