Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ Georgia - 09/15/12 @ 7:30 p.m.

Add topic

Re: GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ Georgia - 09/15/12 @ 7:30 p.m.

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ Georgia - 09/15/12 @ 7:30 p.m.

Not going into the defense and the 700+ yards we allowed. If someone said to you before the game the score will be 28-14 Georgia at the half and at one point in the 2nd quarter you would be tied at 14 chances are we'd laugh right in that person's face.

15 first downs, 9-19 on third down conversions, 300+ total yards, and only 40 yards in penalties. I think these are one of those moral victories. Yeah the defense sucked but 1 step at a time.

Let's compare this to another Sunbelt school:
ULL gave up 742 yards to Ok State and was down 44-0 at the half. The final was 65-24 OK State.

They scored more pts than up but their game wasn't even close, Oklahoma State isn't ranked, UGA is ranked # 7. With that being said, I think we are improving as each week goes on and maybe we only win 1 or 2 more games this season but if we play like this on offense vs. everyone else in the belt we can win a few more games than we anticipate

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Not going into the defense and the 700+ yards we allowed. If someone said to you before the game the score will be 28-14 Georgia at the half and at one point in the 2nd quarter you would be tied at 14 chances are we'd laugh right in that person's face.

15 first downs, 9-19 on third down conversions, 300+ total yards, and only 40 yards in penalties. I think these are one of those moral victories. Yeah the defense sucked but 1 step at a time.

ULL gave up 742 yards to Ok State and was down 44-0 at the half. The final was 65-24 OK State.

They scored more pts than up but their game wasn't even close, Oklahoma State isn't ranked, UGA is ranked # 7. With that being said, I think we are improving as each week goes on and maybe we only win 1 or 2 more games this season but if we play like this on offense vs. everyone else in the belt we can win a few more games than we anticipate

+1!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Granted Jarvis Jones did not play for UGA but they kept most of the D and O starters in well into the 4th qtr. - which really surprised me AND the UGA fans, they were getting downright upset that Murray was still in so late, risking injury. Especially seeing that LeMay apparantly needs lots of work and game experience, he was pretty bad!
But we have definte issues on the D with LOTS of things happening in terms of scheme, positioning on the filed and personnel playing or not playing that truly concern me. Between Pelini and the D coord from Miami (OH) it is really surprising to me.
Back to the top
Control functions: