Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FIU @ FAU - 11/16/12 @ 8:00 PM

Add topic

Re: GAME DAY THREAD: FIU @ FAU - 11/16/12 @ 8:00 PM

GAME DAY THREAD: FIU @ FAU - 11/16/12 @ 8:00 PM

Owlsfan4 said

Tough game to be at, especially with all the delays.

I was expecting a much better team after the previous week's improvements. But I saw the old Owls tonight. Wilbert is still so mediocre. I know he's been praised a lot, and certainly he's improved, but he's gone from like a 1 to a 3 on a 1-10 scale. I miss the days of Rusty. So many open receivers missed, so many unnecessary sacks absorbed.

Also, our problem is going to be the lines until we get some bigger guys. I don't remember if we've ever had anybody that can rush the passer since I became a student 5 years ago. If you're not getting constant pressure, it's a lot tougher to win.

Defense was atrocious last night. Every play it seemed FIU had a guy wide open (as someone mentioned, guess the corners were playing too far off).

I'm glad we didn't go 1-11 this year because that's what I figured after the first half of the season. But this team still has a looooong way to go.

By the way, those FAU > FIU shirts were awesome. Can't believe I couldn't get one.

AND, those shirts are STILL 100% TRUE! GO FAU - GO OWLS!
Back to the top

maybe we get them to play us in 2014? They would have to pay us to play them since they be in a automatic bid conference.
Back to the top

There is not AQ after this season
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

maybe we get them to play us in 2014? They would have to pay us to play them since they be in a automatic bid conference.

Who is "them"?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: