Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: 2012 FAU Football Spring Game

Add topic

Re: GAME THREAD: 2012 FAU Football Spring Game

GAME THREAD: 2012 FAU Football Spring Game

Howdy.
Back to the top

I am wondering why nobody has mentioned how well Jeremy Mcknight played. I read he had 9 tackles which was the most all day. He certainly turned out to be a great JUCO pick up and he had a good bit of hype coming in. Lets hope the others work out the way he did. By the way, who was playing on the O-line? were Mustafa and Vile on the 1st team?
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

I am wondering why nobody has mentioned how well Jeremy Mcknight played. I read he had 9 tackles which was the most all day.

He did have a great outing on Saturday…although we need to see a shift in where the tackles are occurring…anytime you see the secondary as leading the way, and the offense is running the ball 70% of the time, there is cause for concern?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Whe you think of the talent coming in the fall on the O - starting qb (German), starting rb (Jackson and also Anderson from Dade County - over 10 yards a carry!), WR's Glinton and Gilchrist from California, the two BIG, real TE's, this is gonna be a VERY diffrent O in the fall! ;D

And on D we still have Glanton coming at LB too and THREE 3 stars at DE (Ogbonda, Bryant and Coley) along with Burton and Grimes and LeBlanc at DB.
More starters and much need added depth and experience.

Coach P will have the parts to work with, the current guys have now had their chance to show what they can do, now it gets serious! Looking good guys!

Are you stating that all of these kids coming in the next couple months are going to just take starting positions without ever practicing with the team or playing a down of D1 ball? 
Back to the top

Nope, they may start or at minimum add great depth to what we have out there now. I do beleive they will all play this year though. And the new freshman wr's are not at the usual disadvantge with the new JUCO qb coming in at the same time AND the fact that wr is our weakest position on the team.
How did Johnson and Vile and Ragoo do at the spring game. Saw them all in pics and looked active - and the thought of Ragoo playing D line is very interesting, he could dominate the Belt OL's for three years with his size and strength if that foot holds up! ;D
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

How did Johnson and Vile and Ragoo do at the spring game.

I was looking for them. None of them really stood out other than Vile, from what I remember. He created some nice holes.

Back to the top
Control functions: