Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

Add topic

Re: GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

Awesome, awesome event. Easily the best Spring Game I'd ever been to. Dig the steel drums, weather held up, love the posters, the fan interview videos during the game were a nice touch and the food trucks was a great move. FAU was just on point today.

On a side note…

Was anyone from this site taping the game on their iPad?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Awesome, awesome event. Easily the best Spring Game I'd ever been to. Dig the steel drums, weather held up, love the posters, the fan interview videos during the game were a nice touch and the food trucks was a great move. FAU was just on point today.

On a side note…

Was anyone from this site taping the game on their iPad?

I concur.
Back to the top

FAU Policy is that you can't show complete plays…only TV has the right to do that.
Back to the top

from what i was able to see from the game, we had to leave early since i had to work, I notice some things that concern me.
1.) QB's having trouble hitting a deep route.
2.) OL having trouble against the pass rush.

Of course that is because we were only there for a little while. I know the QB is the talk of the fall camp, but lets take a look. It is essientally coming down to German, if he will be eligible, Johnson, doubt Curtis will be a factor. Now we have Juste, and Hankerson, coming into fall camp, but unless one of them really impress's the coaching staff, I doubt they may see time at the QB position, probably be redshirted. I think Johnson will look at the film, and work with the coach's durning the summer to fine tune and make small corrections. Those are my thoughts for today. 
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

2.) OL having trouble against the pass rush.

Right and I believe this will be an issue for the first half of our season, unfortunately. That's what happened before; solid O-lines don't happen overnight.

It's a good thing our QBs are dual-threats.

Everybody's saying MG3 was the story of the day and he had a decent performance but I was really impressed by Johnson's delivery. I would have liked to see more of him and less out of Curtis, who still didn't look ready to be "the guy."
Back to the top

This is the worst spring game I have watched in the past 4 years. Qbs was horrible and passing game is gonna suck this year.
Back to the top

Ha ha, I'm gonna miss you big owl. Wait, why did you go to the spring game anyway?
Back to the top

big said

This is the worst spring game I have watched in the past 4 years. Qbs was horrible and passing game is gonna suck this year.

Which is why we are gona have to have the athletic qb's pull the ball down and run a lot, which can be a good thing. And you can't go by the sacks, it was touch football today on the qb's. They can ecape in real games and either pull the ball down and run or look downfield and throw after they escape the pressure.
Back to the top

I went to see how bad they really were and it was bad. Where do you see any promise with that offense and qbs. Your projected starter might not play and the other one was worse than kooi. It will be a long year and I'm not going anywhere I will be right here.
Back to the top

There are times when I have to try and stay positive about our FB program. I know it is a work in progress. But I have to say that Big Owl almost never has good things to say about it. Both on this forum and owl access, spreading his love. Big Owl, you have every right to your opinion, but just for kicks and giggles, try and throw a good comment in from time to time. The weather, stadium, food, drinks,colors, cheer leaders, band, scoreboard, anything man. You may feel better after. Believe me, I am a realist and don't agree with some of the opinions posted. But my opinion doesn't mean that much to other people and I know I can't change other peoples opinions.
Back to the top
Control functions: