Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

Add topic

Re: GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

GAME THREAD: 2013 FAU Spring Game

You know the guy is a troll right? He's bitter because his kid lost his scholarship because he didn't fit into the system and he doesn't have anything better to do than stir things up. I do hope for Nick's sake that he is pursuing other schools on his own without his father in tow as the interactions I've had with the kid he came across as humble, intelligent and grounded, unlike his father.

As for MGIII's eligibility lets ask ourselves this: if we were certain he wouldn't pass classes or every be able to play, why would Pelini allow him to climb the depth chart, become the #1 and finish the last 2 weeks of spring practically running the #1 team? Methinks that Melvins school situation is turning around, CP can't be that stupid. His first half performance in the spring game was excellent for what Pelini wanted to see, a few designed runs and some passes, the rest vanilla. Quez will be a viable backup, I didn't see anything to make me really concerned about him. Curtis on the other hand, threw the ball ala Graham Wilbert 2011, he hasn't quite developed.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

As for MGIII's eligibility…

Bottom line: There are no sunken costs in doing what was done in Spring camp. Besides, everyone had the same opportunities basically.

Now that it is over, you have instilled confidence in your preferred guy, and give him every opportunity to prove himself academically.

If it is close at the finish line, you appeal. If not, then you go with the guy you brought in expecting to play anyway.

Having said that, not striking up Cool and the Gang, or expecting this scene down the line:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

You know the guy is a troll right? He's bitter because his kid lost his scholarship because he didn't fit into the system and he doesn't have anything better to do than stir things up. I do hope for Nick's sake that he is pursuing other schools on his own without his father in tow as the interactions I've had with the kid he came across as humble, intelligent and grounded, unlike his father.

As for MGIII's eligibility lets ask ourselves this: if we were certain he wouldn't pass classes or every be able to play, why would Pelini allow him to climb the depth chart, become the #1 and finish the last 2 weeks of spring practically running the #1 team? Methinks that Melvins school situation is turning around, CP can't be that stupid. His first half performance in the spring game was excellent for what Pelini wanted to see, a few designed runs and some passes, the rest vanilla. Quez will be a viable backup, I didn't see anything to make me really concerned about him. Curtis on the other hand, threw the ball ala Graham Wilbert 2011, he hasn't quite developed.

+100
TeemBeer for POTD.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

TeamBeer said

+100
TeemBeer for POTD.

I will second the vote.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I was thinking the very same thing TeemBeer, no way does the Coaching STAFF allow that much playing time to go to any player they think won't be eligible. I am a practical realist too, but I do like to think the cup is half full, not the other way around.
Back to the top

Local said

Left the game early  (3rd Qt.) and here are my thoughts. Hits…RB's and LB's. German looks to be the starter. Seems to flow better. But who knows. Misses….OL needs to improve and It's Owl Time. Drove by only to be turned away by a paper sign in the door. No Open No Business. Just sayin.

I just saw this.  Sorry, local.  We decided that most owl fans would be at the Spring Game so we closed for a couple of hours to enjoy it as well.  We were open before the game and I left early as well to go back and open again.  Hopefully you can stop by again sometime.  We are open over 50 hours a week including weekends.

In hindsight, I am glad I made it to the game for a short time.  When I arrived at the Spring game, a FAU official approached me and said Alfred Morris would like to meet me.  They ushered me toward the field and Alfred and I got to talk for a few minutes.  Pretty cool!
Back to the top

I know you mentioned he has an exclusive signing deal or something now, but I would LOVE to see his sig ont he Wall of Fame at the store. Has to be a way to make that happen.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I know you mentioned he has an exclusive signing deal or something now, but I would LOVE to see his sig ont he Wall of Fame at the store. Has to be a way to make that happen.

His sig will be on that wall!  He told me he will come in when he is in town.  He has a signing deal but that is because people will sell items that he signs.  I can't sell my wall, so it should not be a problem.
Back to the top
Control functions: