Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week: FAU vs FIU

Add topic

Re: Game Week: FAU vs FIU

Game Week: FAU vs FIU

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Yeah. I really thought they'd bring 10k people.

I just don't get it. There's absolutely no reason their attendance should be so low. They were averaging about the same attendance as us this season, had an exciting turnaround and new stadium. They're a great team (minus special teams). This was an important game for FIU's bowl eligibility. This was happening in their city.

Rivalry or not, they should have had more people there.

Hey do you a picture of our side, so we can shut up this FIU fans?

Back to the top

sorry!!!
Do you have a picture of our side?
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

sorry!!!
Do you have a picture of our side?

The pic above was taken from the club section (which is the eqivelant blue section on thier side)

you can see that there were fans in front, and in the first and subsequent rows of the orange section just below…but i would guess that we had 8k…regardless, we both need better fan support…FAU fans didn't do thier job either and should have had 15k at the game given what was potentially be on the line…
Back to the top

I was actually pretty pleased with our attendance.  Given the fact we have had a disappointing season(at least the first 6 games), coming off a loss, school was out for the holiday, and the subpar attendance at the ULL game, we showed up fairly well for playing 40 minutes from Boca.  Like you said, both teams need more support, but so far in this rivalry, we have shown that we will travel to see the game, whereas FIU has not.  Hopefully with a game as exciting as this one, more FIU fans will show up in the future.
Back to the top
Control functions: