Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

10-1!

Re: 10-1!

Florida_Owl said

walty12 said

Florida_Owl said

We have digressed…Objectively, the stats say this is true.

2006 OOC All on the Road:
September 2 at No. 18 Clemson  L 54-6 0-1 (0-0)
September 9 at Kansas State  L 45-0 0-2 (0-0)
September 16 at Oklahoma State  L 48-8 0-3 (0-0)
September 23 at South Carolina  L 45-6 0-4 (0-0)

Thank you ;)

I am not trying to really argue, but just point out what I think matters.  For example, Troy smoked Oklahoma State last season (same team we lost to terribly, just shows how weird college football can be) but they didn't win the SunBelt and were sitting home all of bowl season…I dont consider that to be a sucessful season and I bet you they would trade that Oklahoma State win in 10 times for a win vs. FAU in the last game to go to New Orleans.  I just dont want all the fans bailing, the results of the money games simply dont matter.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I am not trying to really argue, but just point out what I think matters.  For example, Troy smoked Oklahoma State last season (same team we lost to terribly, just shows how weird college football can be) but they didn't win the SunBelt and were sitting home all of bowl season…I dont consider that to be a sucessful season and I bet you they would trade that Oklahoma State win in 10 times for a win vs. FAU in the last game to go to New Orleans.  I just dont want all the fans bailing, the results of the money games simply dont matter.

oh, i know…we're just discussing :)

i look at those stats from 06', and then compare to last year and how we took a step forward in showing up for the games at least…and then look at this years performance and see us stepping back…that's all…maybe it's nto fair based on the competition to feel that way, but do anyway…

i think it's now crystal clear, all of this aside, that we all expected TOO MUCH?

Back to the top

I'd like to point out that we played UF in November, when this team was clicking like crazy! We'd almost taken out #6 USF a few weeks before, we'd hit our stride, and we were ready to win the conference. UF was better than OK St, but we were better at that time too.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I'd like to point out that we played UF in November, when this team was clicking like crazy! We'd almost taken out #6 USF a few weeks before, we'd hit our stride, and we were ready to win the conference. UF was better than OK St, but we were better at that time too.

Good point. I think it safe to say that our best football is ahead of us. A pretty safe comment to make at this point.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

just dont want all the fans bailing, the results of the money games simply dont matter.

I hope you are just upset and you really don't mean that. Your coach said you were playing to win this year. But now that you have lost these OOC games they didn't matter. You guys are nowhere near as good as you were last year. You might pick it up soon, but right now they way you are playing you will lose at least 3 conference games. Starting with MTSU.

Go Troy Go
Back to the top

They would be a less impressive 7-4 if we had won those games.
Back to the top

I warned many of the posters on this board over the summer of setting the bar so high the team cannot possibly reach it. Did I expect anyone to listen? Sort of, but the fact is you hadn't been there. We had. When we won the Sunbelt in 2006, we talked the 12-0 talk, we talked the beating arkansas talk, and all the hype. We did pretty well, but the football team didn't live up to what we had dreamed it would be. When I saw you guys making all those claims over the summer, I felt somewhat like "big brother." You guys did NOTHING WRONG hyping your team. It was simply inexperience as a fan base, that we, Trojan fans had felt the year before.

Right now, there's a lot of Troy fans who are really hurt by the fact that we let Ohio State slip away. Me? I felt like we did exactly how we should have done: Played a BCS team close. Like many of you, I feel our (FAU and Troy) best football is yet to come. We need to have patience with our teams, and most of all UNDERSTANDING. Many of us don't know what goes on in the locker rooms. Many of us have no idea what it's like to be a football player, much less in the FBS. Even if Troy doesn't win the sunbelt, it's ok in my book, the Trojans have done nothing but played their hearts out this season. This year for Troy is full of a lot of new skill players that in my opinion will make the most improvement this year and over the summer and can be something special. In a way, I view this season as a warm up for next year. Make improvements and we can go from being "good" this year, to being "great" next year.

In regards to FAU: Listen guys, more than ever, and I think most of you agree, your players need you to stand behind them. Go to as many games as you can. FAU football is not over, this year many not be your year in the sunbelt, or it could be, who knows, it's pretty much up for grabs with no dominant team right now. Every year is a new year, some are better than others, but I believe with your coaching staff, the program will always continue to improve year by year. This year, Troy is down a few notches, but the program is at an all time high. Stand behind you owls!
Back to the top

TroyTrojan said

I warned many of the posters on this board over the summer of setting the bar so high the team cannot possibly reach it. Did I expect anyone to listen? Sort of, but the fact is you hadn't been there. We had. When we won the Sunbelt in 2006, we talked the 12-0 talk, we talked the beating arkansas talk, and all the hype. We did pretty well, but the football team didn't live up to what we had dreamed it would be. When I saw you guys making all those claims over the summer, I felt somewhat like "big brother." You guys did NOTHING WRONG hyping your team. It was simply inexperience as a fan base, that we, Trojan fans had felt the year before.

Right now, there's a lot of Troy fans who are really hurt by the fact that we let Ohio State slip away. Me? I felt like we did exactly how we should have done: Played a BCS team close. Like many of you, I feel our (FAU and Troy) best football is yet to come. We need to have patience with our teams, and most of all UNDERSTANDING. Many of us don't know what goes on in the locker rooms. Many of us have no idea what it's like to be a football player, much less in the FBS. Even if Troy doesn't win the sunbelt, it's ok in my book, the Trojans have done nothing but played their hearts out this season. This year for Troy is full of a lot of new skill players that in my opinion will make the most improvement this year and over the summer and can be something special. In a way, I view this season as a warm up for next year. Make improvements and we can go from being "good" this year, to being "great" next year.

In regards to FAU: Listen guys, more than ever, and I think most of you agree, your players need you to stand behind them. Go to as many games as you can. FAU football is not over, this year many not be your year in the sunbelt, or it could be, who knows, it's pretty much up for grabs with no dominant team right now. Every year is a new year, some are better than others, but I believe with your coaching staff, the program will always continue to improve year by year. This year, Troy is down a few notches, but the program is at an all time high. Stand behind you owls!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I for one think FAU has a chance to turn things around. Last we had no expectations and did great things. This year expectations were very high and even though non-conference play didn't go our way we still have a chance to win the SBC and play in a bowl game. Right now the only thing that matters is next week at MTSU. From there we need to take it one game at a time. The SBC looks dangerous right now and I think whoever wins the conference will have at least one loss in conference if not two. It should be fun.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Hemi said

just dont want all the fans bailing, the results of the money games simply dont matter.

I hope you are just upset and you really don't mean that. Your coach said you were playing to win this year. But now that you have lost these OOC games they didn't matter. You guys are nowhere near as good as you were last year. You might pick it up soon, but right now they way you are playing you will lose at least 3 conference games. Starting with MTSU.

We will see about that next Tuesday. 

Back to the top

Hemi said

By the way, if OOC games were such a good measuring stick for where your team is at….why are your MUTS 0-2 in SunBelt play?  I am tired of arguing this but your win vs. Maryland and CLOSE game vs. Kentucky means nothing after your 0-3 in the SunBelt next Tuesday night.

Back to the top
Control functions: