Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sounds good. We need to get the word out. The greatest ideas are nothing if they aren't known.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

There is absolutely NO REASON that this should be shot down because of budget restraints. I have a company that prints up things for my business and it is very cheap. You can get 15,000 high quality post cards for less then 500.00. If that is too much, you can always print them up on regular paper and have tens of thousands of them made for next to nothing. All it takes is 3 bricks to pay for all the advertising and then some. If you have a problem get this point across with Angelos, please let me know and I will ABSOLUTELY help you get it done. It is way to simple and easy for this not to happen.
Back to the top

I have a feeling that we'll begin to see some money when it's made official on Tuesday. I'm sure there are donors that have money earmarked for the stadium but until it's "officially" announced they have nothing to write a check to. I bet we'll hear the news of some money coming in the next two weeks.

If there's one thing that Schnelly is good for, it's raising funds!
Back to the top

I hope FAU's stadium looks better than UCF's finished product. It looked good on TV from the inside, full of people … but empty, it looks cheap and not permanent. The club level appears small and insignificant (instead of in a separate building, the suites and press levels are bolted into the structure), the underside is raw and high schoolish and the facade is just some brick walls to take one's eyes off the erector set.

I wish UCF all the luck there (unless it's playing FAU or Troy) and the Knights can be proud they have a nice, big place to call home. Its not a bad place, but it seems like just a bunch of bleachers that could have been made to look much nicer.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

I hope FAU's stadium looks better than UCF's finished product. It looked good on TV from the inside, full of people … but empty, it looks cheap and not permanent. The club level appears small and insignificant (instead of in a separate building, the suites and press levels are bolted into the structure), the underside is raw and high schoolish and the facade is just some brick walls to take one's eyes off the erector set.

I wish UCF all the luck there (unless it's playing FAU or Troy) and the Knights can be proud they have a nice, big place to call home. Its not a bad place, but it seems like just a bunch of bleachers that could have been made to look much nicer.

I was thinking the exact same thing… It is amazing how little $55,000,000.00 buys you these days.
Back to the top

Let's just make sure we get water fountains… this was linked to by Drudge Report…

http://www.local6.com/sports/14128304/detail.html
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Wow, a negative UCF post from BMarkey! What a surprise!!!

PS- Don't worry, our next huge project will be to make our stadium even nicer. Believe me, UCF will be just fine.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Let's just make sure we get water fountains… this was linked to by Drudge Report…

http://www.local6.com/sports/14128304/detail.html

I believe they opted away from the fountains because it would have raised the bill to $55,235,000.75
Back to the top

Not negative - realistic. I also was positive. You just can't handle any criticism.

It's a budget-looking stadium. Nice enough, though.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

I hope FAU's stadium looks better than UCF's finished product.

Doubt it. Since when has FAU ever gone for aesthetics?
Back to the top
Control functions: