Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 FAU Owls Football Schedule

Add topic

Home games in bold lettering

9/04 at Hawaii
9/11 at University of North Texas
9/18 at Middle Tenn State University
9/25 Illinois State University
10/02 TBD
10/09 at Texas State
10/16 at Northern Colorado
10/23 UL MONROE
10/30 at FAMU
11/06 at Troy State
11/13 NEW MEXICO STATE
11/20 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY @ Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium
Back to the top

Great info, guys. Many thanks. As best I can determine, the only I-A school with an incomplete schedule and an open date on 10/2 (Owls open date) is the wrong Miami (Ohio). As far as I can tell, Miami-O has only 10 games scheduled. But six of those 10 are on the road, so I doubt that it would be interested in playing at Lockhart.

Bethune-Cookman traditionally is very late with its schedule. So far, I can find only three of its games on opponents' schedules: Sept. 25 against Norfolk State; Oct. 16 against South Carolina State; and Nov. 20 vs. FAMU. So far, that would leave the Owls' Oct. 2 open date free. B-CC does like to play a South Florida game for alumni and recruiting purposes.

The fascinating note elsewhere on the board about FAMU being interested in a long-term neutral-site deal with FAU certainly makes sense. If the two schools were looking to move their 2004 game (now listed as at Tallahassee) to Tampa, they might be able to do it. South Florida, which plays at Raymond James Stadium, has a bye on the FAU-FAMU date (Oct. 30). So the stadium might be available.

I still wonder, too, whether FAU might try to get out of the game at Northern Colorado.

One more thought: The Owls could schedule a game for Nov. 27 (instead of Oct. 2), but probably not against a I-AA team. I think that's the weekend of the first round of I-AA playoffs. This won't make any difference to the Owls because they are ineligible. It is possible a handful of I-A teams that don't have conference playoffs on that date might be available, if they don't already have 11 games scheduled (or 12, if they play Hawai'i).
Back to the top

The fascinating note elsewhere on the board about FAMU being interested in a long-term neutral-site deal with FAU certainly makes sense. If the two schools were looking to move their 2004 game (now listed as at Tallahassee) to Tampa, they might be able to do it. South Florida, which plays at Raymond James Stadium, has a bye on the FAU-FAMU date (Oct. 30). So the stadium might be available.

One more thought: The Owls could schedule a game for Nov. 27 (instead of Oct. 2), but probably not against a I-AA team. I think that's the weekend of the first round of I-AA playoffs. This won't make any difference to the Owls because they are ineligible. It is possible a handful of I-A teams that don't have conference playoffs on that date might be available, if they don't already have 11 games scheduled (or 12, if they play Hawai'i).

FAMUvs FAU in Tampa.
That would make sense for both teams! FAMU can keep exposure on the West Coast. They have a VEY large fan base in Tampa! FAU can get their feet in the door for some of USF's (South Florida) talented recruits. They already have a few from the area on thier roster.

Your last paragraph would be the best way to free up some D1-A team for us to play.

All good points grayowl.
Back to the top

Grayowl - I believe they are open to the Nov. 27th as a possible date for a game. My understanding is they are looking for a Big time game to be played at PPS to draw
a big crowd - I wouldn't rule out the Miami (OH) game just yet. They are open to any possibilities right now.
Back to the top

Grayowl - I believe they are open to the Nov. 27th as a possible date for a game. My understanding is they are looking for a Big time game to be played at PPS to draw
a big crowd - I wouldn't rule out the Miami (OH) game just yet. They are open to any possibilities right now.

As for Nov. 27th game, I know FIU plays FAMU on that date and that game will be played at either Pro Player Stadium or the Orange Bowl. I don't think FAU would do something similar on the same day.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

As for Nov. 27th game, I know FIU plays FAMU on that date and that game will be played at either Pro Player Stadium or the Orange Bowl. I don't think FAU would do something similar on the same day.

MaXx, Right now they are desperately trying to schedule a Big game as our fifth home game whether it's happen I don't know - The options are closing very fast on who is availabe, most teams already have 11-games scheduled, Nov. 27th is being considered as an option. I will agree that the game you have schedule with FAMU that same weekend could pose a problem, but if they could get Miami (OH) set up for that date - they would do it. Again this is all premilinary & nothing could come out of this, but they are exhausting all posibilities available. I think the hole point of Nov 27th is that is may look attractive to some teams to come down to Florida and gives us one more option to explore.

If and I mean if, with a big ?, we happen to get Miami (OH) the media could have found with this one. ;)

Again it just preliminary stuff, anything could happen - like being stuck with a D-II game.

Back to the top

I'm sure if they're searching for a team, at this point they may just schedule that same date as FAMU/FIU.
That would make for a busy date in South Florida.

Fans who are not followers may just come out to that one depending on which team we would be playing.
Back to the top

Well I understand scheduling a home game the 27th, the only thing I was commenting about was using Pro Player Stadium. If we play FAMU there on the 27th then you guys won't have the option of using the venue. Once again I still don't know where the FAMU game will finally be played but it will either be at the Orange Bowl or Pro Player.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

MaXx, I understand about PPS - it could very well effect our ability of scheduling a game on Nov. 27th or force you guys to play at the Orange bowl or us playing at another site - this late in the game it's anybodies guest.

It's going to be dificult for that fifth home game to be schedule - It may come down to, well take whatever is out there. I get the feeling they are willing to Pay $$$$ to get someone here.
Back to the top

While we're awaiting word on what the Owls can do, I note that FIU has rounded out its 11-game schedule by adding a home game vs. Jacksonville University on Thursday, Sept. 2, and a game at Stephen F. Austin on Saturday, Oct. 9. Jacksonville's web site says the game at FIU (9/2) will be televised by Sunshine…. (Where are we when it comes to TV?)

This means that in Year Three, FIU will play three I-A teams (New Mexico State, Louisiana-Monroe and Louisiana-Lafayette – all from the Sun Belt), one provisional I-A team (FAU), one team that wanted to move up to I-A but changed its mind and stayed in I-AA(FAMU) and six other I-AA teams: Jacksonville, Youngstown State, Western Kentucky, Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State and Georgia Southern.
Back to the top
Control functions: