Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 Recruiting Class

2004 Recruiting Class

2004 Recruiting Class

Could have a point there. Some people don't really understand what the Hawaii victory did for these players! They traveled 6 time zones and won at their place! To play nationally known teams will only increase the confidence levels of these guys!

I know the critics will say that "Hawaii sucked last year". Well guess what! They were undefeated when we beat them.. ;D
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Hawaii was hot and cold all year. They beat a decent Michigan State team. It is never easy to play a BIG10 team and win. Our players gained a lot of confidence from the Hawaii win. However, Kansas and Oklahoma State will give us a different brand of football. Don't expect them to throw all over the field. Expect OSU to run at us until we can stop them. It will be interesting to see how our defense can hold up for 60 minutes against OSU's punishing running game. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

If the offense can hang with those guy's and the defense can get a couple of 3 and outs could be an interesting first couple of games. You are right it will be a different brand of ball but I agree the start of last season was a definite confedence builder and a few of last years recruits got to see what it was all about.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

I like the fact that when players do have to prepare for these "BIG" games and Hawaii was just that for us last year - they see just how hard they have to prepare not only on the field, but off the field as well - being prepared is just as important as the execution on the field.

Last year they where not only preparing to play & compete with Hawaii, but the signs around the Oxley said it best "Beat Hawaii" - the mentality on how you prepare for these games is so important, the effects are crutial on how a team respond after a win or loss.

The past few years have been tremendous in the development of the mentality of the team in general and they have proven to be winners.

IMO, some of the recruits that where RS'ed last year could have easily been starters (talent level), but they got to see first hand what it takes to be successful at the higher level and how hard you must work.

Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

As far as the Kansa & Ok. St. games - we have always been good at stoping the run for the must part, I do think that our size on the line did hurt hurt down the strenght against the more physical teams.

These are two games that we will have time to prepare for - like Hawaii, so I would expect for us to be prepared at stopping the run - we have also been a pretty well conditioned teams in the past and with the experience on the coaching staff I would expect them to be prepared in all facet of the game.

The question will be, will the talent level we have make up for the lack of experinece on the field be enough to help us be competetive and give us a chance. Keep it close and you never know what can happen.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting Class

Bytor, no arguement here i agree 100% on your last post. Some of last years recruits even though had no "stars" did come from wining programs and were all state players. They do have some idea what it takes just need that next level nudge.
Back to the top
Control functions: