Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 Schedule Update

2004 Schedule Update

2004 Schedule Update

New Mexico State has not officially released its schedule, but all their fans seem to be saying both FIU+FAU will be on it. However I've heard different things on whether its home or road for us, so we'll just have to wait and see but at least we can safely assume we know another opponent for next year.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

The schedules from what I understand have been
revamed several times - they where duplications
and some were not happy with the scheduling. Having
to fit both FAU & FIU into the mix has created some
complications and I believe it's with the home/away
situations that the problems are occuring.

The amount of Home games kind of concerns me - I remember in 2002 where we only had 4-home games, attendance was terrible. In 2004 we start two tough road games to start the season - start a season 0-2 with limited home games could hurt attendance, only
time will tell

Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

I figured they would have a few problematic areas with the schedules in the Sun Belt regarding FAU and FIU. 2 new teams joining trhe SB, who play about 50 miles apart in Fla. That would be a major spacing concern as far as traveling goes.

The FAU home games are another issue.
The 2002 season was a nightmare. Coach had us traveling to get the games with the bigger boys that year. They wanted us at their house if they agreed to play us.

What did we have last year? 6 official and FIU(Miami). That was a great number which we probably will not see again. The 1st 2 games this year are very tough. Hopefully FAU's last year's finish would bring the fans out ;) regardless of the results of the 1st 2 games.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

Did ya'll see Louisiana-Lafayette's 2004 schedule. They just released it and FIU has the Division 1-A school coming to their place on October 2nd.

I bet you guys will have a 1-A team playing at FAU. I know it's not going to be UL-Lafayette, Utah State, or North Texas. It could be MTSU.

UL Ragin' Cajuns 2004 Football Schedule

09/04 NORTHWESTERN STATE
09/11 at Louisiana Tech
09/18 at Kansas State
09/25 MIDDLE TENNESSEE*
10/02 at Florida International
10/09 at New Mexico State*
10/16 at Idaho*
10/23 ARKANSAS STATE*
10/30 Open Date
11/06 NORTH TEXAS*
11/13 TROY STATE*
11/20 at ULM*

* SBC Game

Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

La. has Troy State visiting them? Troy already visits LSU, South Carolina, Marshall and North Texas (although the NT Web site contradicts that). Troy will probably be sent to either FAU or FIU. The Trojans need more home games (in additional to Missouri, Middle Tennessee and Arkansas State).
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

North Texas won't be playing Troy State next season. The non-conference schedules are subject to change, but who you see on the schedule to play in Sun Belt play is who you'll have. There won't be any changes there.

UNT's site is accurate. Troy State has not released their official 2004 schedule like UNT has.

Trust me. No one is trying to pull your leg. It may seem shocking, but North Texas and Troy will not meet this fall.

But what does that matter? At least you have Middle Tennessee State! We can fill your stands alot better than UNT could–I'm betting!
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

Troy-Middle Tenn. has the makings of a natural rivalry, as does Troy-FAU or Troy-FIU. But the fans have to do it.

Troy hasn't had a heated rival since the UCF series, which started hot in the Division II and I-AA playoffs. Then UCF refused to play the Trojans any more (tired of losing, I suppose, despite huge crowds).

The only thing I miss about Division II (or even I-AA) is the old Troy State-Jax State rivalry. That was hot. Even the bands went at it.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

New Mexico State has not officially released its schedule, but all their fans seem to be saying both FIU+FAU will be on it. However I've heard different things on whether its home or road for us, so we'll just have to wait and see but at least we can safely assume we know another opponent for next year.

New Mexico State

DATE OPPONENT
09/04 at Arkansas
09/11 at California
09/18 TROY STATE*
09/25 NEW MEXICO**
10/02 at UTEP**
10/09 LOUISIANA*
10/16 OPEN
10/23 at North Texas*
10/30 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
11/06 MIDDLE TENNESSEE*
11/13 at Florida Atlantic**
11/20 at Utah State*
* Sun Belt Conference Game
** Designated SBC Game
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

Look like we have a home game - ULM on Oct. 23
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

I just added it (ULM) to the "schedule so far" thread with the pin cushion up top.
Thanks
Back to the top
Control functions: