Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007 CFN preseason rankings

The CFN poll is a crock of $%#t. It shows how stupid the people at that Web site are.

Several SunBelt teams are coming off decent to good seasons with many good players coming back. Yet, they get no respect and are ranked below teams those SunBelt teams defeated even last year!

South Florida at 26? No way, especially losing key defensemen. But, ooooh, it's a member of the Big East. I'm just trembling with awe!

Hawaii, at 36, will be fine if it keeps the opponent under 40 points per game, and it has a porous defense. Come on!

Boise at 37? That shows no respect and little knowledge.

Texas Tech is 40 despite losing its offensive line, receivers and defensive front!

Virginia is 49 despite an unproven (stunk last year) quad, inconsistent QB and unproductive O-line.

ACC champ Wake Forest at 51?

Pathetic Miss. State is 59, despite its defense taking a "big hit". Give me a break! Ooooh, but it's the SEC! Trembling still.

Illinois goes from 2-10 to No. 61? Houston goes from 10-4 to No. 64, with much of its team back. Ridiculous.

Terrible Marshall goes from 5-7 to No. 67, despite losing its best back to the NFL and having an unproven QB?

The entire MAC and CUSA are ahead of the SunBelt, despite the fact that the SunBelt beat CUSA last year (4-3).

Troy is insultingly ranked No. 105, despite these words: "After shocking the bowl world with a dismantling of Rice in the New Orleans Bowl, the program is sky high. The offensive line will be the big problem early, but QB Omar Haugabook proved he can handle himself under pressure."

Excuse me? Many of the teams ranked 30 places higher did not generate that much positive copy. And Troy has already brought it at least three key juco O-linemen who played in similar systems and will play spring ball. Troy defense returns most players and its best CB is back from a red shirt.

And where does this garbage site rank Rice, which lost its two top coaches and was destroyed by Troy? Twelve spots higher.

CFN gives FAU no respect, probably because it did not follow the Owls and SunBelt enough to know what's here and how the team will improve.

This is absolute garbage.
Back to the top

We were blown out by a lot of teams last year. Until we show we can compete with them these rankings won't mean much. I don't think much thought at all goes into the lower 40-50 slots on these informal polls.
Back to the top

Bmarkey, you might want to do some more research on USF. Yes we do lose a couple of key defenders (Nicholas and St. Louis). But if you know anything about our program defense is never an issue. We return 16 of 22 starters for next year. We have great talent up front, our MLB returns as our leading tackler, and our corners are both quality cover guys. We basically just have to give some early season reps to our SLB and WLB, but by the time we play you they'll already have 3 games under their belt (including one versus a tough Auburn team on the road).

I think the ranking is justified for us. We get WVU and Louisville at home next season, so it could be a banner year for the Bulls.
Back to the top

Yeah, right. I used what CFN wrote to show how idiotic that site's writers are.

USF will be a decent team, but will be nowhere as good as CFN believs.

But keep thinking high - especially the week before your boys come down here. I'd be thrilled to see the Owls do a little ego deflation.

Back to the top

Bmarky did you look at Boise State next year or are you stuck in this one? They lose a whole bunch of KEY starters and there is no way they will repeat their success of this year. Sure they never get any respect but that ranking can't be far off for next year.
Back to the top

The Broncos aren't way too low; everyone else will just be a lot better. While BSU will still be the favorite for the WAC title, losing QB Jared Zabransky, the top receivers, LB Korey Hall, and three starters off the defensive line will be just enough to knock the team down a peg.

I based my comments on CFN's comments. So, you are defending this debacle?

Down a peg, to No. 37?

Back to the top

It will be a moral victory for FAU if they keep this game within 10 points. I'm predicting USF goes in the 9-3 range (losses to Auburn, WVU, and Pitt). We will be ranked somewhere between 20-35 all year in the power rankings and finish in the top 25 with another bowl invite.

I don't agree with everything they write, however, I think they are right on the mark with the USF season. FAU will eventually get there too.
Back to the top

9-3 would be an early Christmas present...ill go 7-5...
Back to the top
Control functions: