Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Depth Chart

Re: Depth Chart

2008 Depth Chart

Exit39 said

st. clair isn't even on here

I made a note above the Depth chart:

Some of the players are not listed because of injuries or other reasons and ONLY reflects the spring line-up.

It change by fall.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Exit39 said

st. clair isn't even on here

I made a note above the Depth chart:

Some of the players are not listed because of injuries or other reasons and ONLY reflects the spring line-up.

It change by fall.

As I'm sure Ted will report tomorrow in his blog, Conshario Johnson went down with an ankle in jury in a TD pass today during 7-on-7's. He had to be carried off the field by 3 players.

Whether that means he's out for the week, the summer, or the season remains to be seen. If the depth chart above is correct, that allow Wilfred Rivera a chance to step in as second string WR.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Here is the latest depth chart so far for the spring:

grant was moved ahead of housler & harmon is still hurt

"better than Barry"
Back to the top

cp20 said

Bytor said

Here is the latest depth chart so far for the spring:

grant was moved ahead of housler & harmon is still hurt

for motivational purposes only…we'll see who starts at Texas…

Harmon just had surgery…he is recovering…
Back to the top

I still think, from what I've seen, Grant's the better of the two. Better hands, just doesn't have a 65yd end around for a TD to his credit.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I still think, from what I've seen, Grant's the better of the two. Better hands, just doesn't have a 65yd end around for a TD to his credit.

He is no where near as fast…and Housler is able to get into wedges better…

But, true, he does have better hands…

Wouldn't rule out some PT for William's at TE either when it is all said and done?
Back to the top

I understand that you can't teach speed BUT it doesn't mean anything if you can't hold on to the ball  ;D

I hope Housler starts holding on to everything so we can have a fast guy with great hands out there. Can't take another Danston Dareus this year, man that guy made me so mad. Built like a pure thoroughbred, 1st round draft pick, but the guy couldn't catch a cold. I actually thought Lester Jean was going that direction at the beginning of last season but the nerves subsided.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

They're both decent players and one of them could emerge big this year. Having two very talented TEs in Harmon and X would bode very well for us in '09.

Still, there have been more instances where I've been watching practices and gone, "Who just made that nice catch? Oh, Jamari Grant." I'm leaning toward him to be X.

Back to the top

Housler and his family are from San Antonio.

GO HOUSLER!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The important thing to keep in mind is that at this time last year nobody knew Jason Harmon was a stud.  Hopefully Grant or Housler makes a similar leap this season. 
Back to the top
Control functions: