Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

Re: 2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

owlfan1 said

They can only improve. I still think UNT is a good 2-3 years away from being really competetive in the SBC and FIU is probably 3-5 years away from making any real noise in the SBC. However, a few more wins for each team and they could definitely help to decide the winner of the conference. They won't be talented enough to win it themselves, but they could pull an upset and keep somebody from winning it.

GO OWLS!!!

If I was FIU, I would spend every day between now and the USF game preparing to give them everything they can handle. A win or near-win over USF would give them a great boost.
Back to the top

UNT having a recruiting class of quality mirrored by SEC schools??? Thats a huge stretch there. Uhhh, maybe I just read that the wrong way.  Quantity yes, quality is nothing like an SEC team recruting class.  UNT does have the best class in the belt though no doubt. I gotta agree with the earlier comment about the belt passing the wac mac and cusa soon, everybody in the belt seems to be stepping up their recruiting, 
Back to the top

UNT is going to surprise some people with its incoming talent.

Troy is on its way to having its best recruiting class ever (and will need it, facing Ohio State and LSU, not to mention a very angry Oklahoma State).

It's going to be rough for all next season, and as a result, the rest of the country will still dis the 'Belt because we will be beating each other.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

UNT having a recruiting class of quality mirrored by SEC schools??? Thats a huge stretch there. Uhhh, maybe I just read that the wrong way.  Quantity yes, quality is nothing like an SEC team recruting class.  UNT does have the best class in the belt though no doubt. I gotta agree with the earlier comment about the belt passing the wac mac and cusa soon, everybody in the belt seems to be stepping up their recruiting,

No, you heard it right. But I agree, that is a stretch looking back at what I said. However, their class is still very very good with 12 commitments in the 70's on ESPN's Scout information. Troy has 5 or 6 right now and FAU has none. That new 3-Star you guys just got might be up in the 76 range when it actually gets posted.  You guys won't need a boatload of talent though. You have a good team that experienced coming back.
Back to the top

TroyTrojan said

That new 3-Star you guys just got might be up in the 76 range when it actually gets posted. 

Which 3-star guy?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

TroyTrojan said

That new 3-Star you guys just got might be up in the 76 range when it actually gets posted.

Which 3-star guy?

How many do you guys have? No disrespect. I'm referring to the rivals site which ash 4 two-star's listed as commits. On the front page it has a new story about a three-star guy you just landed.

EDIT: It says he just made a visit. Yourhighness Morgan is his name.
Back to the top

dont know if we will actually get morgan,I think we are his fall back choice at the moment.  I personally would like to see some decent defensive recruits giving verbals soon.  I dont know about you guys but the D is definitely my concern.  Besides Patee all we seem to hear about is offensive recruits.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

dont know if we will actually get morgan,I think we are his fall back choice at the moment.   I personally would like to see some decent defensive recruits giving verbals soon.  I dont know about you guys but the D is definitely my concern.  Besides Patee all we seem to hear about is offensive recruits.

We just received a solid verbal from a 6-5 255lb defensive lineman. It is mentioned in the recruiting thread.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Here is my take of both UNT & FIU:

FIU will be improved, how much don't really know - one problem they face is they lose some of the experience players & other recruits after the season & MC is practically rebuilding with a lot of youth, they might actually be younger then last year, which could mean another long year for them.  Winning 2-3 games will always be a possibility & I would think they can get at least 2 W's in '08.

They will be signing a larger then usual class to makeup for the lost players, which was by design, IMO.  This will add 2 if not three years to get them to where they need to be - competitive.

UNT should improve on what they did last year - they have a pretty potent offense to great some havoc for some teams that are not ready to play, defensively they need to improve a lot and one recruiting class is not enough, but I can see them improving on that front enough with what they have.  One draw back for them, they are one dimensional and a good team can stop that type of offense, one reason a ULL & ULM remain middle of the pack team in the Belt.  Even with a large recruiting class, it still needs time to develop to play at the 1-A level, few players can make the immediate jump and that comes with TALENT level of a player.

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

We just received a solid verbal from a 6-5 255lb defensive lineman. It is mentioned in the recruiting thread.

Andy Czuprynski.
Back to the top
Control functions: