Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

Re: 2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

2008 Pre-Rankings out already...

TroyTrojan said

owlcountry said

TroyTrojan said

That new 3-Star you guys just got might be up in the 76 range when it actually gets posted.

Which 3-star guy?

How many do you guys have? No disrespect. I'm referring to the rivals site which ash 4 two-star's listed as commits. On the front page it has a new story about a three-star guy you just landed.

EDIT: It says he just made a visit. Yourhighness Morgan is his name.

We have more guys than that. Don't know the total offhand.

Offhand I know of nine guys: Niblack, Kooi, Wilbert, Czuprynski, Green, Dawson, Barasch, Wood and a transfer from CMU… but I know there's more than that. I think we have something in the neighborhood of 10-12 commits. All two stars that I know of. We're going after some three star guys… Jatavious Miller and Yourhighness Morgan, for instance… but not having a stadium on campus is affecting our ability to snag these people outright.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

We just received a solid verbal from a 6-5 255lb defensive lineman. It is mentioned in the recruiting thread.

Andy Czuprynski.

Yes, that is the one. We are adding to the D-line with him and the transfer from C. Michigan. That will really help us up front.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Troy Trojan:

Rivals doesn't have much on FAU recruits that have committed because Howard doesn't talk about it.  We have to dig to find out who our verbals are, there are few official sources available, least of all Rivals or Scout.

Secrecy, for better or for worse, its what we have at FAU.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

It's actually fun doing the digging for verbals, they are many sources other then Rival & Scout (both have a good database), but for some recruits you really have to dig - I haven't had much free time lately, but enjoy the chase - sometimes a Rival & Scout are late with the info, they have to make sure everything is legit first.

There is only so much the coaches can do to keep things quiet, recruits will talk.  And I also have a feeling that the coaches want to have recruits talking about FAU - help generate interest among other possible prospec, in the program especially if a certain prospec had a good visit in Boca or for that matter a good experience with his recruiter. 
Back to the top

Bytor said

It's actually fun doing the digging for verbals, they are many sources other then Rival & Scout (both have a good database), but for some recruits you really have to dig - I haven't had much free time lately, but enjoy the chase - sometimes a Rival & Scout are late with the info, they have to make sure everything is legit first.

There is only so much the coaches can do to keep things quiet, recruits will talk.  And I also have a feeling that the coaches want to have recruits talking about FAU - help generate interest among other possible prospec, in the program especially if a certain prospec had a good visit in Boca or for that matter a good experience with his recruiter.

Good post, Bytor. I totally, totally agree with what you write here.  I try and do the same "chasing" for FIU.  Of course, coaches aren't allowed to talk about recruits and commitments publicly, as it constitues a violation of NCAA rules.  However, they can try to tell a recruit "not to tell anybody" all they want, but kids talk…and like you…I suspect coaches (even if they don't say that publicly) really want kids to "spread the good word" about the program.  Particularly at such young, up and coming programs, as FAU and FIU.  Good luck this year.
Back to the top

Sorry guys, I've been sick so I just read the posts here, getting back to what seemed to be the original message of us starting out at #81 or 82.  Even if that is the case, I believe it is the highest we have ever started the season out at.  If we have the type of season we expect to have that would put us within the possibility of others receiving votes for the target of being ranked (Top 25) when Rusty is a senior.
Sounds crazy, but about 2yrs ago I kept saying we would be in New Orleans at the end of this past season. 
Back to the top
Control functions: