Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Recruiting

2008 Recruiting

I figured it would be nice to create a recruiting thread to centralize discussion. So who is coming, being recruited, etc?
Back to the top

Re: 2008 Recruiting

Well, let me start with someone already mentioned:

Joseph Dawson (again) - OL

Who else?
Back to the top

Yeah is there any way we can get this thread put at the top of the football board. I have a feeling we might be seeing more action on the recruiting scene this offseason than we are accustomed to. 
Back to the top

you guys don't understand… lol

the reason we have not seen a lot of early names and will not see a lot of early name is that is schnellenberger's policy… same at miami, same at louisiville when he was there…

he does not release names until signing day

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

ESPN reports Mike Barasch - RB verbally committed to FAU.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

the reason we have not seen a lot of early names and will not see a lot of early name is that is schnellenberger's policy… same at miami, same at louisiville when he was there…

I know, but I still think it would be nice to have one place to discuss the ones we hear are interested/committed/being recruited before signing day.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

No. Owl09 I do understand and I do know how coach Schnellenberger does his recruiting. I know we will not hear anything official until the signing day deadline.  I was only suggesting putting up a recruiting thread at the top to discuss all the recruiting rumors that already seem to floating around. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

fauowl09 said

No. Owl09 I do understand and I do know how coach Schnellenberger does his recruiting. I know we will not hear anything official until the signing day deadline.  I was only suggesting putting up a recruiting thread at the top to discuss all the recruiting rumors that already seem to floating around.

Roscoe I agree. We should have even a separate part of the board in each sport for recruiting. Even if Schnelly doesn't release names until signing day those people with Scout.com or other scouting websites can report back to us with what they have been reading so we can all chime in with our thoughts

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

i wasn't trying to start a problem… i was just give you all a head's up (in case you didn't know) not to pay much credence to rivals or scout because nothing is "official" with schnellenberger until NLI day

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I think the point of this thread is hearsay by definition….so why not play around and see what people are hearing and what the sites are saying.  We need to get a quality QB that we can redshirt who can then transition in when Rusty is getting ready to leave.  If we can get someone to learn under Rusty as a redshirt freshman during his senior year (2009), we will be golden for another 3 years.

Also keep improving on the lines, both D and O, start getting some more sacks and pass pressure.  Plus if Corey Small, in his final year can keep up the good work and keep developing Polo and any other up and coming corners we should be fine.

I am so excited for next year and the future in general.

P.S. LETS PUSH FOR 2009 STADIUM….We cannot lose momentum, we need to keep the ball rolling for recruiting, victories do only so much, we need facilities, then we need BIG EAST, then we need BCS Bowls, and finally National Championship.  We went to and won a bowl faster than anyone ever, The Gators took just around half of their existence (50~ years) to get to a bowl and win, and 90+ years to get a national championship.  We can do better, and we will!

GO OWLS! 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: