Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Recruiting

Re: 2008 Recruiting

2008 Recruiting

Brighthouse Networks gave UCF $15 mil for 15 years for the naming rights to their new digs…technically we only need one more donor to get the shovels in the ground.

Come on ADT, Jarden/Sunbeam, Office Depot, Burger King, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival, JM, Autonation!!!! Someone step up.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Brighthouse Networks gave UCF $15 mil for 15 years for the naming rights to their new digs…technically we only need one more donor to get the shovels in the ground.

Come on ADT, Jarden/Sunbeam, Office Depot, Burger King, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival, JM, Autonation!!!! Someone step up.

Hopefully it's not Burger King.

Wasn't McDonald's close to giving us money for a new baseball stadium? Whatever happened to that?
Back to the top

All we need is 1 donor.

And with our location in Boca I think its safe to say we should build at least double the number of luxury suites and double the number of club seats as UCF Brighthouse Network Stadium has.  This would bring in alot of money in a pre-construction sale….Heres the Tyco Box, the Balistreri Realty Box, etc etc etc.

Info on UCF Brighthouse.  All of their luxury areas sold out.

"The stadium's west side features the four-level Roth Tower, which includes 24 luxury suites accessible by private elevator. In addition, it houses a 4,200 square-foot Club Lounge with seating for 822, all of which were sold out shortly after stadium ground-breaking."

I think 50 luxury suites for the Owls plus another ~1500 Club Seats sounds about right.  And l personally think that the student seats should include one endzone and up to AT LEAST the 30 yard line wrapping around.  Way too many schools, including UCF just put all the students in one endzone forgetting that it is student support through athletic fees that built these programs in the first place.

But back to recruiting, any other "news" about players that might transfer to FAU?

Cannot wait for February 6th…

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Exactly.  My bet is on Office Depot.  They need to protect their turf now that Staples has entered the S.FL market.

Here is where Nelligan Sports Marketing needs to step up. 
Back to the top

Baller07 said

= useless "middle-man"…….

Baller07 said

My bet is on Office Depot.

I work at the Corporate headquarters in delray…thoughts on this:

Longshot, but possible…

although they limit "sports" endeavors, there has been a "new" attitude lately with our sales slumping big time…

Office Depot is BIG on FAU and has invested a large amount in Academics…

i think they would consider it…but not sure how truly feasible it is given the current financial(s) that were just released…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Baller07 said

Baller07 said

Longshot, but possible…

although they limit "sports" endeavors, there has been a "new" attitude lately with our sales slumping big time…

i think they would consider it…but not sure how truly feasible it is given the current financial(s) that were just released…

Wow!

I like what Im hearing Florida_Owl.

Youve always been pretty upfront that Office Depot had no interest in sports marketing after a CEO change. For you to come out and say this is indication that the winds may of changed. Office Depot would be SUCH a natural with HQ in Delray, and they already are invested in FAU. This is the Golden Goose I feel but, have been reluctant to push it since I know they werent very keen on this kind of sponsorship.

They get a chance to attach themselves to a UP and COMING program and university, and a LEGENDARY coach as a spokesman for thier prodcut.

Im keeping my fingers crossed.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Isn't the CFO an FAU grad? I'm pretty sure she is if I remember right.

If anyone can work the numbers to make it seem like a good idea its the CFO!

Someone flatten the tires on Carl Edwards car so ODP has some extra cash!!!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

TeamBeer said

Wasn't McDonald's close to giving us money for a new baseball stadium? Whatever happened to that?

Why wouldn't you take BK as a sponsor? You don't like their food?

Dude, I'd take Joe's Dildo Shop as a stadium sponsor if they had $15 mil! :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

owlcountry said

Why wouldn't you take BK as a sponsor? You don't like their food?

I like their breakfast food… french toast sticks, egg 'n' cheese croissant, coke icee… good stuff.

But no, I'm not thrilled about having their name on our stadium. That being said, if they were the only name in the hat I'd say 'go for it' over not building a stadium at all.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Baller07 said

Baller07 said

Longshot, but possible…

Yeah, thats what I hear as well.  ADT is another feasible option, but where ADT is looking to expand its opportunities, ADT is consolidating them.  They recently pulled out of Dolphin Stadium, though have continued to invest in the BankAtlantic Center.
Back to the top
Control functions: