Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Recruiting

Re: 2008 Recruiting

2008 Recruiting

fauowl said

But are you in a position to purchase Bright House Networks products, such as Cable, Internet, and telephone services…probably not because they are not in this area (that I know of)…however you could purchase their stock which would be beneficial.

My point is, it has to make business sense for a company to pay for naming rights.  Will it increase brand awareness?  Will it increase sales?  Will it increase shareholder value?  Will it increase business awareness?  In the case of OD, I think it does, but there are many factors involved.  In the case of a company like Bright House and many other companies, it may not make sense in the Boca area, so it narrows the field a bit.

I think you just agreed with me. Office Depot makes a lot of sense. Up until today, I never even really thought about them. But considering all the factors that have been stated throughout this thread, I think Office Depot is actually a perfect fit.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

fauowl said

But are you in a position to purchase Bright House Networks products, such as Cable, Internet, and telephone services…probably not because they are not in this area (that I know of)…however you could purchase their stock which would be beneficial.

My point is, it has to make business sense for a company to pay for naming rights.  Will it increase brand awareness?  Will it increase sales?  Will it increase shareholder value?  Will it increase business awareness?  In the case of OD, I think it does, but there are many factors involved.  In the case of a company like Bright House and many other companies, it may not make sense in the Boca area, so it narrows the field a bit.

I think you just agreed with me. Office Depot makes a lot of sense. Up until today, I never even really thought about them. But considering all the factors that have been stated throughout this thread, I think Office Depot is actually a perfect fit.

Absolutely, I agree with you.  I was just pointing out that name recognition alone is not a reason why someone would agree to naming rights.  Many factors involved.  OD is a national company.  FAU stadium is a local entity, so we will see if OD thinks it makes sense for their business plan.  I'm with you.  I like the idea.  ;)

Back to the top

faudiehard said

Schnellenberger Field at Office Depot Stadium.

I definitely think FAU should offer the university-wide copy services deal (after Toshiba's contract is up) along with the stadium naming rights and it would be a done deal…
Back to the top

Come oooooooooooon Florida_Owl....Work that magic!!!!!
Back to the top

So about 10 of the 50+ posts in this thread are about recruiting…might be time to move this to "Stadium & Innovation Village" chat.

For now, rather than start another recruiting thread in hopes of getting it stickied, why not add to the already started thread recruiting, which seems to have the most recruiting substance so far.

EDIT: Oops, my mistake…didn't see the recruiting sticky Bytor started this morning.  Disregard my post and feel free to continue the stadium funding/sponsorship bantor.
Back to the top

OWLman said

So about 10 of the 50+ posts in this thread are about recruiting…might be time to move this to "Stadium & Innovation Village" chat.

it is…"recruiting a sponsor" ;D
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Up until today, I never even really thought about them. But considering all the factors that have been stated throughout this thread, I think Office Depot is actually a perfect fit.

i agree…for more than one reason…

its going to take more of a partnership from both sides…

i know we were prepared to abosrb a 500k hit for the copy serv contract in "support" top other departments financially…much as Coke used to do when they had the contract for exclusive beverages rights…$250k went to athletics at a time that we didnt even have football and mens hoops was the "premier" sport…

but they didnt meet us on that…

i like the idea of fostering the relationship further, as a solidified, long term, and vested relationship by both parties…it just makes good sense all the way around…in a myriad of ways - not just athletics the cooperatives…although it would certainly be a very significant part of the entirety…

Hopefully others in the decision making role(s) on both sides can see the merit as well…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

faudiehard said

Schnellenberger Field at Office Depot Stadium.

I definitely think FAU should offer the university-wide copy services deal (after Toshiba's contract is up) along with the stadium naming rights and it would be a done deal…

With the copy deal you also have to throw in a contract that makes OD the official supplier of all office products for FAU. That would be a multi-million dollar contract in itself. It all makes sense to me.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I also like the previously mentioned internship connection with the college of business.  Its like what FedEX has at Univ Memphis…If we could create a pipeline that would reduce costs at OD since they would have new people that would need less or no training, its a no brainer.

Similar options also exist for Tyco/ADT though, just would have to work out a deal for fire protection and/or security systems being run through them exclusively…which isnt that far fetched.

Royal Caribbean too for hospitality inclined business majors..Internship to career pipeline seems like a good fit, especially if they want to compete with Carnival and the FIU, Miami graduates to run there.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: