Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 Recruiting Watch List

2009 Recruiting Watch List

High School

Kevin Prindle
Pro-Style Quarterback
6-0, 195 lb, 4.8

David Campbell
Quarterback
6-0, 190 lb

Jeremy Wright
Running Back
5-9, 183 lb, 4.51

Jeremy Gallon
Running Back
5-9, 175 lb, 4.5

Nu'Keese Richardson
Wide Receiver
5-9, 151 lb, 4.45

Connor Vernon
Wide Receiver
6-2, 175 lb

Cory White
Offensive Line
6-5, 225 lb
Has an offer from FAU (?)

Keith Carter
Defensive Tackle
6-0, 244 lb

Blake Johnson
Linebacker
6-1, 210 lb
Vince Walker
Middle Linebacker

Matt Adkins
Cornerback

Ishmael Aristide
Athlete
6-0, 191 lb, 4.42

Heres some more Florida Players (some overlap) identified by Larry Blustein as important on the State scene for 2009
floridafb.com

All others are from Rivals and Scout

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: 2009 Recruiting Watch List

SeminOWL2006 said

Nu'Keese Richardson
Wide Receiver
5-9, 151 lb, 4.45

…is a four star WR that FSU is chasing.
Back to the top

do we have shot at any of these guys
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yes. It's a little surprising the quality of guys we can get… right now, we have shown that we can recruit right along with UCF and USF.

However, the four and five star kids who get early offers from FSU and UF (as well as the other big name schools that regularly pack 100k people into stadiums) are the ones we don't really have a shot at right now unless they want to stay close to home… but in that case they often play for UMiami.

If we continue to win conference titles, bowl games and get our stadium on-campus, we'll be getting more looks from higher-ranked players.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlcountry40 said

Yes. It's a little surprising the quality of guys we can get… right now, we have shown that we can recruit right along with UCF and USF.

However, the four and five star kids who get early offers from FSU and UF (as well as the other big name schools that regularly pack 100k people into stadiums) are the ones we don't really have a shot at right now unless they want to stay close to home… but in that case they often play for UMiami.

If we continue to win conference titles, bowl games and get our stadium on-campus, we'll be getting more looks from higher-ranked players.
exactly but i think FAU has a huge advantage over most mid-major school that being Florida is simply the best high school football state in the country BY FAR  Texas is vastly overrated. That being the talent that doesn't go to the big three will be left over for us and thats alot better then in most states. For example Rutgers was a nothing school football wise they begin to recruit in south FLA they become a top 25 program. i strongly believe most of the two three star requites if they played in other states they would be considered four , five star guys. for example my JR. year in high school(which was last year) we had a pretty good WR he wasn't top in county or anything like that but was really good for our team.well he had to transfer to school in NY he is one of the states leaders in rushing which just proves what Ive always said.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owlcountry said

owlcountry40 said

exactly but i think FAU has a huge advantage over most mid-major school that being Florida is simply the best high school football state in the country BY FAR  Texas is vastly overrated. That being the talent that doesn't go to the big three will be left over for us and thats alot better then in most states. For example Rutgers was a nothing school football wise they begin to recruit in south FLA they become a top 25 program. i strongly believe most of the two three star requites if they played in other states they would be considered four , five star guys. for example my JR. year in high school(which was last year) we had a pretty good WR he wasn't top in county or anything like that but was really good for our team.well he had to transfer to school in NY he is one of the states leaders in rushing which just proves what Ive always said.

Texas high school football is overrated?  Really?  Please explain.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Texas high school football is overrated?  Really?  Please explain.

Lol…….
Back to the top

In terms of the number of quality athletes Florida, Texas, and California are at the top. States like Ohio and Pennsylvania also have great football players, just not the numbers because of lower populations than states like Florida and Ohio.

The comment that Florida is BY FAR the best is ridiculous.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

For all those thinking that we did so horribly in recruiting (due to the lack of stars I guess) you have to check out this page:

floridafb.com

According to this the national ranks for the incoming recruitment classes of Florida football teams are:

UM - Top 3
UF - Top 5
FSU - Top 10
USF - 25-35
FIU - 35-40
UCF - 35-45
FAU - 40-50

If you really think that 40-50 out of 120 is that bad, or that 40-50 is that much worse than 35-45 (when UCF got eleven 3* players compared to our two 3* players) then you are crazy.

We can compete with USF, we saw that last year, we will get the most out of every recruiting class.  AND our classes will get better in terms of stars, but they will always (or should always) be what we need, the kind of people that want to play for us.

And yeh, Florida high school ball is the reason we can be what we are.  Under the same circumstances, New Hampshire Atlantic University just wouldn't cut it.

Go OWLS!

On a sad note, I just got a grant to study in the Netherlands for the Fall so I will not be at any games….It is seriously the hardest decision, and if we make it to a bowl I might have to bite the bullet and buy a ticket there and back for the week.  So keep me posted here and I will do my damnedest to find a sports bar that will carry the games for next year!  "Turn that soccer shit off, its the OWLS!"

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

For all those thinking that we did so horribly in recruiting (due to the lack of stars I guess) you have to check out this page:

floridafb.com

According to this the national ranks for the incoming recruitment classes of Florida football teams are:

UM - Top 3
UF - Top 5
FSU - Top 10
USF - 25-35
FIU - 35-40
UCF - 35-45
FAU - 40-50

If you really think that 40-50 out of 120 is that bad, or that 40-50 is that much worse than 35-45 (when UCF got eleven 3* players compared to our two 3* players) then you are crazy.

I just don't understand why FIU would be ranked above not only us but UCF as well, especially if UCF got eleven 3 star guys and FIU had 2 or 3 IIRC.
Back to the top
Control functions: