Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 RECRUITING

Re: 2009 RECRUITING

2009 RECRUITING

owlcountry said

SeminOWL2006 said

Looks like FAU is going hard for defensive end on Rivals, all 3 are in the top 35 nationally, 1 is #10.

Do you think we'll recruit another QB (for Fall 09) or cool it for awhile?

If so, I'd like to see them push hard for these two guys…

<a href="Nico Flores - Yahoo! Sports">Nico Flores</a> (pro-style) and <a href="">Denard Robinson</a> (dual-threat)

According to Rivals, Robinson was at FAU recently and was made an offer (one of about 40 offers he's recieved but apparently the only one to offer him QB as most people want him as ATH or CB)

Flores' coach pushes his players to Western Michigan, that will be an extremely tough pull.
Back to the top

i  played against Denard Robinson and seen him play many time everyone calls him shoelass. hes electric and as fast as ive ever seen a has a good arm but alot of schools are saying they might change his postion to cb or wr HS likes big qbs and so i dont think he comes here unless we are the only school that lets him play qb he might choose us.
Back to the top

hes a scramble qb, which as I remember HS doesn't care for the scramblers such as Mckinson

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

jvowl said

hes a scramble qb, which as I remember HS doesn't care for the scramblers such as Mckinson

That may be true but according to Rivals they made him an offer… so…
Back to the top

I think that HS understands the value of a quarterback that can scramble and if his arm is as strong as everyone says it is, and has the head to play QB at the D1 level, then why not?  Just because he can run doesnt mean we would use him like Tebow, but we would know that he could get out of tight situations and scramble if necessary.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I think that HS understands the value of a quarterback that can scramble and if his arm is as strong as everyone says it is, and has the head to play QB at the D1 level, then why not?  Just because he can run doesnt mean we would use him like Tebow, but we would know that he could get out of tight situations and scramble if necessary.

Exactly what I was thinking.

All last season, people were saying how Rusty was a great quarterback but if the pocket collapses, he can't scramble to get out in time.

So it certainly doesn't hurt to have a QB who can dash out of tight situations while also hitting his targets down the field.
Back to the top
Control functions: