Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 signing class

2010 signing class

I am a huge fan of the 2010 signing class and believe they are the ones to carry us for the next 3 years  all the guys get good grades great overall people and great players everyone is talking about this signing class but take time to look around at the talent already on the team and this class besides Ash has had no problems and are all primed and ready to play Copeland/Cunnigham/Deleon/Curtis/Bracewell/Moore. all of them have the chance to be great players at FAU and they need their chance to play but some people wont let that happen with all the hype over Juco players some colleges get these players and you never hear of them again dont forget our players played against UF/UA/Mich.St/UAB. i dont think they have those type of teams at the Juco level so dont make these players feel like Gods to soon
Back to the top

Re: 2010 signing class

That class only had 10 people  ???
Back to the top

Yeah, they payed against Mich St and U Florida. I could get 10 other guys and be on the same field as the Crimson Tide. Does that mean anything? no.

The better player will play. It's not like CP will give an edge to a JUCO player. I assure you he will hold everyone on the same level. Then whomever differentiates themselves from their competition will start.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

it doesnt matter about class size there's a lot of talent in that class if you actually talk to them all they do is talk and live football ive seen the fire in their eyes and they put in work to become better or would everyone like us to start over signing just to make us "look" better these guys are football players and you guys will see ijs the Juco guys played Juco for a reason and you guys are saying all of them are better then some guys we have now they havent played against the talent we have they will have a little trouble adjusting to D-1 ball they wont come in right away and look like stars yes this type of recruiting has never happened here but pump your breaks and really evaluate the talent already on the team and 2010 tho a small class is where our talent and team will turn around with most of them are already leaders on the team  
Back to the top

Its called experience which those guys dont have playing against "just come play cc" and "run around cc" i believe in the saying the best will play but some of you guys are handing them starting jobs and if you put 10 guys up agaist Alabama 1 year i bet the next time they play there will be improvement
Back to the top

Cam Newton went the JUCO rout, does that mean when he transferred to Auburn that the QB who was there before him was better than him because he played against the SEC? No, it's who ever the coaches feel give their team the best opportunity to win.

That's why professional sports have rookie of the year awards. If a coach feels a rookie can do a better job of helping his team win, than a veteran then he's gonna go with the rookie.

I'm sure they're all great kids and competition brings out the best in people. No one has ever come on here and said anything about the type of people these kids are. We may not always like the job they do or a decision they made, but we never attack anyone personally on this forum.

There's a variety of reasons for why they may have gone the JUCO route. Not fair to speculate. Some could be grades, others could've been playing at a school that they feel just isn't a right fit for them. Transfer to a CC be able to play right away and if you're good enough after 2 years, transfer to whatever school you want

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Im not bashing anyone i feel the best player should play i love the FAU football team all i want is wins our team just wasnt coached right last season and yes competition brings out the best in all even the coaches but imho i believe the 2010 class will turn us around its great talent in that class just wait and see and no im NOT a player or anything lol im just very observant and good at seeing talent 
Back to the top

Its up to them to earn their spot and prove they can play in the spread offense. If they can't, give it to guys who want to win and play,.
Back to the top

Totally Agree 100% lets see cause we need more W's i want another bowl game
Back to the top

Manny1989 said

it doesnt matter about class size there's a lot of talent in that class if you actually talk to them all they do is talk and live football ive seen the fire in their eyes and they put in work to become better or would everyone like us to start over signing just to make us "look" better these guys are football players and you guys will see ijs the Juco guys played Juco for a reason and you guys are saying all of them are better then some guys we have now they havent played against the talent we have they will have a little trouble adjusting to D-1 ball they wont come in right away and look like stars yes this type of recruiting has never happened here but pump your breaks and really evaluate the talent already on the team and 2010 tho a small class is where our talent and team will turn around with most of them are already leaders on the team

Exactly, they played JUCO for a reason. Most of them went that route due to academics. And one of our JUCO recruits, Grimes I believe, actually started as a freshman in the SEC. But no, you are right, he is not good enough.  I mean, he played JUCO right?

And just because we are projecting them as starters does not mean CP is. I think we are allowed to have fun and get excited about recruits. What do you say when we win? To win you need the bes players on the field, that is what will happen.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: