Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

Re: 2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

smittysahoot said

Bottom line: If you have tickets to a game on a Saturday, don't book anything else for that day.

Am I wrong?

+1
Back to the top

Let me check my day planner….

Saturday October 15th.

Things to do: FAU opening game at stadium
Start Time: Whenver I wake up on Saturday
End Time: Whenever the game ends and the party stops.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm not trying to bash FAU. Regardless of who's at fault, the ball is being dropped somewhere.

The Stadium Opener isn't some spur of the moment event. It's been in the planning stages for years.

So why hasn't FAU or someone else posted tailgate rules, parking maps, and basic game day info anywhere?

I feel like game day will come, and FAU will be overwhelmed with questions and concerns because they or someone wasn't proactive in getting this info out quicker.

Hate on me if you want, but come game day. I promise you'll all be asking yourselves questions like "Where do I park?" "Why was my car towed, no one told me i couldn't park in this parking lot?" "What do you mean I can't tailgate this early?" "What do you mean the game is over; my tickets say 7PM?"

Back to the top

Captain said

Hate on me if you want,…"

My apologies. I wasn't trying to "hate" on your or anyone in particular. Please don't take it that way.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Captain said

"What do you mean the game is over; my tickets say 7PM?"

:D

Classic

The policies and procedures for game day document is being finalized that answers all of these great questions, per FAU it's about two or so weeks out…

Until then, things to remember about the process are this:

1. Loads of vested parties all who want thier voice heard: Police, City, Students, Facilities, Fans, Citizens, Departments, etc.
2. All parties have to come together under one guise and process, and agree on it.
3. Before we could just blame it all on lackfart and call it a day, now we own it entirely.

On a side note:

The document will be listed on the Stadium drop down on www.fausports.com, as well as here once it is released…will post at that time, unelss someone beats me to it…besides, it will undoubtidly deserve it's own thread :)
Back to the top
Control functions: