Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Coach Wish list

Re: 2012 Coach Wish list

2012 Coach Wish list

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach is pretty old now, he would be JoePa in 10 years. I have to agree 100% with Fashion, have a nice final year, let Coach go out in a blaze of glory (a perfect 6-0 in bowl games too!) and bring in the next generation (Leach) to grow into a USF strength of program (30,000 sell-outs every game and expand the stadium to 45K!).
With Leach and an exciting offense (40 pts a game!) we can leave UM (and their dull Golden boy O) in the dust, in their pro stadium with 20K in their stands, talk about role reversals! Go Owls!

I'd love to have a great season and let coach go out on top of the world.  However, I also have no problem if he wants to keep coaching and I would like to see if there is a significant improvement with the next year's recruiting class.  If we change coaches after this season, we will never know if it was the stadium that helped get us over the hump or if it was coaching.  There's a part of me that doesen't really care as long as we have a respectable winning team.    Georgiaowl's statement reminded me of another coach who I would like to have here…………….. ex-USF coach Jim Leavitt.  Hear me out:  He's already been through the program building stage and is familiar with it's weaknesses, He did amazing things with what was another small program, and he will be cheap.  I don't remember any real scandals during his coaching period, other than the choking incident that got him fired.  He's a lunatic, there's no doubt about that, but I think he could be our lunatic that could be the spark our players need.  I'm not even sure if he wants to coach, but this is a hypothetical list anyway.  ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Good point Duder, I never liked him much, but if he has learned his lesson, runs a clean program and builds a winner….

His big advantage is his recruiting ties in Florida, that would give him an early jump.
Back to the top

Headlinin’: Willie Lyles media blitz has Willie Lyles’ back - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

The above came from Yahoo Sports with a great picture of Coach running onto the field with the team!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Headlinin’: Willie Lyles media blitz has Willie Lyles’ back - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

The above came from Yahoo Sports with a great picture of Coach running onto the field with the team!

"in Miami"? 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Stole this from Sigep77, I have to admit, I'm a bit more of a fan of this guy after the video:

Back to the top

That video was...inspiring,lol. He cusses like a drunken sailor, but he runs a good program. I hope we hire him!
Back to the top

Yeah but I doubt we will.  I think anyone we'll get will have to go through Howard and I think Howard is too much of a old school boy scout to hire someone that edgy.
Back to the top

I keep getting an image in my head….

October 15th, Howard is making a speech about the stadium, the fans and his program.  He then announces he is stepping down from active coaching and into the front office at FAU in some capapcity.

And then he announces the new coach at FAU for 2012 will be Mike Leach, who walks out of the tunnell and accepts the position, and promises to continue the legacy that Howard has started at FAU.

Pipe dream? Probably but how friggin cool would that be. Talk about making a splash in the new stadium.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I keep getting an image in my head….

October 15th, Howard is making a speech about the stadium, the fans and his program.  He then announces he is stepping down from active coaching and into the front office at FAU in some capapcity.

And then he announces the new coach at FAU for 2012 will be Terry Leach, who walks out of the tunnell and accepts the position, and promises to continue the legacy that Howard has started at FAU.

Pipe dream? Probably but how friggin cool would that be. Talk about making a splash in the new stadium.

Who is Terry Leach?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Who is Terry Leach?

Whoops, Amended original post to say Mike Leach. ;D

Must of had Terry Bowden on the brain for some reason.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: