Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Coach Wish list

Re: 2012 Coach Wish list

2012 Coach Wish list

fauowls44 said

owlfamily said

I keep getting an image in my head….

October 15th, Howard is making a speech about the stadium, the fans and his program.  He then announces he is stepping down from active coaching and into the front office at FAU in some capapcity.

And then he announces the new coach at FAU for 2012 will be Terry Leach, who walks out of the tunnell and accepts the position, and promises to continue the legacy that Howard has started at FAU.

Pipe dream? Probably but how friggin cool would that be. Talk about making a splash in the new stadium.

Who is Terry Leach?

Probably the only "Leach" we can afford…Mike's slightly less successful brother who took the u-100lb Blue Knights of Westfield Texas to the Pop Warner state title in '98.

And in response to DField- I don't know if Howard is a boyscout…yeah he doesn't curse as much in the locker room, I'll give you that, his demanor is different but you're talking about one of the Junction Boys…they tried to kill players back then to make em tougher, he's from a pretty hardcore generation so I wouldn't consider him a softie.
Back to the top

Just don't show coach that video,lol. IMO, Leach would take this job in a second. Like I've said in previous posts, he doesn't care about money now. He just wants to get back into coaching. Who cares if he leaves after 3 years..I bet we'd have a winning season and be in bowl games those 3 years.
Back to the top

Owlfamily - that would be an awesome moment would'nt it! Season ticket sales would skyrocket and our "profit" from selling out 30,000 seats would be what????? Pay him a base with bonuses including a percent of any additional profit over the current projected 4M a year. I think WE COULD afford to pay him guys!!!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Like I've said in previous posts, he doesn't care about money now. He just wants to get back into coaching.

Have you talked to him?  Or did he say this in print at some point?  It sounds like you may know him.  Just curious.
Back to the top

fauowl said

FAUfasho said

Like I've said in previous posts, he doesn't care about money now. He just wants to get back into coaching.

Have you talked to him?  Or did he say this in print at some point?  It sounds like you may know him.  Just curious.

Lol, I WISH I knew him. I've just heard him talk on Paul and Young Ron and read some stuff online that shows that he's really eager to get back into coaching. I guess I should have put "He probably doesn't care about money" since I don't know for sure. But it surely does seem like money isn't an issue, he just wants back in the game.
Back to the top

Butch Davis is out at UNC. Probably no chance for FAU, but this is a wish list.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Butch Davis is out at UNC. Probably no chance for FAU, but this is a wish list.

GO OWLS!!!

He fixed Miami, brought UNC back and had a clean record before the "incident", so is that enough to tarnish his rep, could we get him cheap if no one else wants him, and do we have any ties to him?

Considering he was making almost 2 mil… probably not!
But as said… it is a WISH LIST!  ;D
Back to the top

He is a monster of a recruiter but I dont see him coming to FAU.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

That video was…inspiring,lol. He cusses like a drunken sailor, but he runs a good program. I hope we hire him!

Inspiring No Doubt!

Drunken sailor, sh@%!  Mike Leach curses more than Al Pacino in the movie "SCARFACE" and dropped the F bomb more times per minute than anyone I have ever heard.  Could you imagine when this video was shown to the Mom's of these kids-WOW?  The scary thing is that 90% of the alums would vote this guy in to any NCAA team just because he's a winner and he knows how to motivate kids!

I'm all in for Butch Davis and I'm sure Howard could lure him in for cheap (the Miami connection).  The question is will he be taking a year or so off before making his next big move?
Back to the top

You would be surprised how close we could be to getting Butch Davis… His career has 2 dings (Browns, UNC) so he definitely wants to go into a win win situation, plus he can take this year off…. He is a great South Florida recruiter, who can get it done with limits… He recruited Santana Moss under a track scholarship whem Miami was in trouble, so apparently he likes to creatively take on challenges… he has a history with Howard…. he would be in a low pressure situation, but his pay would reflect that…I'm sure he would consider taking a cut for 3-4 years to rebuild his rep then move back up to big time ball… His situation is not all that different than Jarvis'… with all that said and done, I give us a 3% chance…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: