Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 college football picks.

Re: 2012 college football picks.

2012 college football picks.

No shot seems kinda harsh don't you think? They're long overdue for a big year and they have the talent and experience to do it now. At USF, at Virginia Tech, and at Maryland are the 3 big road games for the Noles (yes I picked Maryland over Miami). If they survive those, I can see them rolling through Clemson and Florida at home.
But we never know, that's what's fun about all of these picks. Honestly, I don't like picking champions and such until the first week, but the DSD are killing me!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Here's my picks for 2012 winners by conference:

ACC: Clemson
SEC: LSU
Big12: Oklahoma
Big10: Michigan State
BE: Louisville
PAC12: Oregon
MWC: Boise State
CUSA: East Carolina
SBC: Ark State

I forgot the championship: Oregon over LSU!

The reason why USC is not in my final picks is because I can't stand Lane Kiffin.  Oregon wins over USC because of coaching.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

No shot seems kinda harsh don't you think? They're long overdue for a big year and they have the talent and experience to do it now. At USF, at Virginia Tech, and at Maryland are the 3 big road games for the Noles (yes I picked Maryland over Miami). If they survive those, I can see them rolling through Clemson and Florida at home.
But we never know, that's what's fun about all of these picks. Honestly, I don't like picking champions and such until the first week, but the DSD are killing me!

First of all, there is no such thing as "overdue". Each year brings the same "chance" of winning and thus must be looked at separately.

As for them being at USF and Va Tech, well, they could easily lose both of those games. USF is always hard to gauge and has had some seriously good recruiting classes of late. Also, Va Tech's Logan Thomas is supposed to be one of the best QBs in college this year.

Also, their home games: Clemson: gonna be a helluva game. That could go either way. But with Taj Boyd and Watkins and all of their weapons, it is certainly hard to pick against them. I sure hope they down the Gators though.

Don't get me wrong, FSU has a great squad and will come within the top 2 in the ACC, but Clemson is just too strong of a squad. Not to mention how motivated Clemson players are after that 70-30something drubbing by West Virginia.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

My picks for Conference:

SEC: South Carolina
Big12: Texas
Big10: Nebraska
PAC12: U of Southern Cal
CUSA: Southern Miss

Heisman: Barkley (MG3 loses in a heartbreaker)

National Championship: USC downs USC (Southern Cal on top that is ;) )

I actually forgot to mention one thing/question: Provided MG3 shows up and he is who WE say he is, why can't we win our conference? Why can't we run the SBC table, win two OOC games (Wagner & Navy) and end the season possibly ranked? Now I probably sound like I am on crack. But maybe we should start a thread with something like "our dream seasons this year".

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

NJOWL said

My picks for Conference:

SEC: South Carolina
Big12: Texas
Big10: Nebraska
PAC12: U of Southern Cal
CUSA: Southern Miss

Heisman: Barkley (MG3 loses in a heartbreaker)

National Championship: USC downs USC (Southern Cal on top that is ;) )

I actually forgot to mention one thing/question: Provided MG3 shows up and he is who WE say he is, why can't we win our conference? Why can't we run the SBC table, win two OOC games (Wagner & Navy) and end the season possibly ranked? Now I probably sound like I am on crack. But maybe we should start a thread with something like "our dream seasons this year".

I 100% agree with you, if he shows and plays up to his level. There are some opposing Belt D's with serious problems this year AND we don't face Arky St. Yes, it would be a dream season but look at Arky. St. last year. Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

AND we don't face Arky St.

Oh, weird, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

AND we don't face Arky St.

Oh, weird, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.

We swapped the Ark State game for the USA game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

So I gotta ask this again: IS MG3 on campus?

Because I was walking around the track next to the Burrow, and their was a kid that looked like MG3 really spinning those balls off nicely, same look and throwing style.

His arm looked absolutely FANTASTIC.

So I have to keep asking this too: What are our tough games this year? Alabama and Georgia. I'll chalk those up as losses.

But why can't we run the table in the Belt and win against Wagner & Navy? 10-2. Our only tough SBC games are fiu, who we get at home towards the end of the season, and ULL, our last game of the season. So we have our two toughest games at the end of the season when we should be peeking (at our best).

Why can't we end the season ranked?

If this all happens, then we will have more than enough fans filling the seats, which will mean we have enough money to upgrade both facilities and salaries for our coaches. Say hello Boise of the east!!

Note: all dependent on one guy, MG3.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Because I was walking around the track next to the Burrow, and there was a kid that looked like MG3 really spinning those balls off nicely, same look and throwing style.

Snap a picture next time, dude.

Also you could ask him on Twitter if he's throwing around on campus.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

NJOWL said

Because I was walking around the track next to the Burrow, and there was a kid that looked like MG3 really spinning those balls off nicely, same look and throwing style.

Snap a picture next time, dude.

Also you could ask him on Twitter if he's throwing around on campus.

I'm about 99 % sure it was him. How many guys on our campus look/throw like him?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: