Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

Re: 2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

I understand about everyone wanting to see MGIII get a lot of the reps, but Coach P said he is learning the offense, and we'll see how quickly MGIII picks up the offense.  Everybody that was interviewed, stated everybody was in upbeat, in great shape and excited to get back to work. Lets go Owls.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

A friend told me that the players were wearing new practice jerseys, new navy cleats instead of red, and all white helmets with no FAU winged print & white facemask (instead of red). He said that the shirts navy jerseys had 3 white stripes on the shoulders.

The practice jerseys are a little different but I'm pretty sure those unmarked helmets have been around since Schnellenberger.

Back to the top

@FAUOwlAthletics
"Newcomer Melvin German III hits Brendan Myers in the stride 30 yards down the sideline"

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think MGIII has the upper hand because he has played in a similar offense before….I'm sure once he settles in on campus and gets the offensive terminology down, he'll leap frog all those other guys

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Pelini liked what he saw today per quote put out by FAU…

“We were more crisp, today,” said Pelini. “The quarterback’s handling of the operation was much better, today.”
Back to the top

owlfamily said

@FAUOwlAthletics
"Newcomer Melvin German III hits Brendan Myers in the stride 30 yards down the sideline"

I cannot remember any of the other QBs ever hitting someone in stride. It's MG3's job now.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Yep…

His highlight tape(s) looked solid…hitting guys on the run all the time.
Back to the top

….and Wilbert's tape from last year was the exact opposite

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Another nice piece from Dieter on Day Two…

"You can get into the best shape as you can get, but you can't simulate what's going on," FAU strength and conditioning coach Chuck Lobe said after practice. "The guys who paid the price this offseason have been doing a really good job.

"Each day, we're going to build. We're going to ramp it up just a little bit."

New FAU coach Pelini has a need for speed
Back to the top

Try this on for size owl nation….

The pace of practice, from all accounts on the inside (practices are closed to the media, a preposterous policy, but one we'll just have to deal with), is tormenting. On Thursday, the Owls had a snap every 12 seconds. As I noted in my story on SunSentinel.com today — that's as fast as the University of Oregon.

WOOT!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: