Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

Re: 2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

2012 FAU Football Fall Camp Practice Times & Discussion

Very nice article, and I love it, "the NEED for SPEED"!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

On Thursday, the Owls had a snap every 12 seconds.

Which will be awesome if they are able to turn those snaps into drives.

It'll be damning if it's 3 and out, however, since you're talking about putting the defense back on the field after about… 60 seconds.
Back to the top

I think we can translate those into drives, espically if we get a running game going after Alfred left.  I have faith in Coach P.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlfamily said

On Thursday, the Owls had a snap every 12 seconds.

Which will be awesome if they are able to turn those snaps into drives.

It'll be damning if it's 3 and out, however, since you're talking about putting the defense back on the field after about… 60 seconds.

I don't know if you were at the game against MTSU last year but they came in running this kind of offense and absolutely dismantled us in the first minute of the game. Now, they had a set of 8 plays to run, so the rest of the game they ran the groundhog with some hurry up mixed in but the point is that at that pace, as long as you can complete the little 5 yard pass you'll make your yards, the D just can't figure it out.

The MTSU game was probably the hardest for me last year.
Back to the top

@FAUOwlAthletics
"Melvin German III hits Robert Lohnes in stride"

@FAUOwlAthletics
"Melvin German III to Travis Jones"

Sounds like Melvins working the 1st team reps?

Lets hop Option C from the other thread gets put into action.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

@FAUOwlAthletics
"Melvin German III finds Hakeem Ishmar. TE's also have been a big part of the offense"

Back to the top

Freakin Dwight Dasher  >:(! That guy killed us.

Big Diets as Team Beer calls him is doing a great job so far. Definitely enjoy reading his articles and what he has to say

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

@FAUOwlathletics
"Melvin German III keeps and breaks a tackle for a big gain."

Back to the top

All I care to see today from them is @FAUOwlAthletics "Melvin German cleared to play by FAU"

The kid has caught on quick. Sounds like Wilbert has class on Friday mornings so he can't make these sessions, which gets MG more reps, and hopefully the starting job!

Big Deits is doing a great job, he's got a cool style, nice to have a young guy reporting for us. The article about our speedy offense and bringing some excitement down here is spot on: "Fast Ass University" is our future! I can see Schnelly in the Prez Box on Saturdays: "what the hell is going on out there, those boys are running around like a squirrel dipped in moonshine, this ain't football!"  ;D If that kind of offense works for us, and we're scoring 40+ a game, people will come, THATS how you get fans, have a product thats FUN to watch.
Back to the top

Highlights via FAU release for day III:

With players wrapping up summer class finals, reps were spread among three quarterbacks, allowing junior college transfer Melvin German III more time in the new system. German took advantage hitting Robert Lohnes in stride and then Travis Jones coming out of the backfield. Redshirt sophomore Stephen Curtis had the highlight toss of the day going over the top to a leaping and heavily-covered Byron Hankerson. German returned to find sophomore Hakeeme Ishmar. The second team session began with senior linebacker David Hinds recovering a fumble. Not to be outdone, the running game saw newcomer Martese Jackson break through the line for a big gain and German mounted a running attack, breaking tackles.
Back to the top
Control functions: