Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Spring Football

Re: Spring Football

2012 Spring Football

fauowls44 said

Reading the comments in various articles from players about the first spring practice and the new staff, it's kind of disturbing how things ended with the last regime…no wonder the team was 1-11.

“It's not just players just being more accountable for their actions, the coaches are also,” said running back Xavier Stinson. “They are showing that they really care about our well-being and winning games. …We can tell that they really care and we are really starting to believe in it.”

“He’s trying to make our team a lot more disciplined, which I thought was a big problem we had,” Dorvilus said. “People coming in late to weights or not going to class. He’s made that a big emphasis.

“There’s more self-accountability, making everybody more self-accountable for their actions. That’s been very different.”

Linebacker David Hinds said about the last three months, “it’s a big change around here, work ethic, everything.”

Seems the problems went far beyond lack of talent last year.  The situation was even worse then I thought.  What a disaster…

I also saw a video in which a player said they can't sit around during drills or practice and joke around anymore–that they actually have to pay attention and be ready to go. Seeing and hearing these kinds of comments, last year's record shouldn't be a surprise.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Reading the comments in various articles from players about the first spring practice and the new staff, it's kind of disturbing how things ended with the last regime…no wonder the team was 1-11.

“It's not just players just being more accountable for their actions, the coaches are also,” said running back Xavier Stinson. “They are showing that they really care about our well-being and winning games. …We can tell that they really care and we are really starting to believe in it.”

“He’s trying to make our team a lot more disciplined, which I thought was a big problem we had,” Dorvilus said. “People coming in late to weights or not going to class. He’s made that a big emphasis.

“There’s more self-accountability, making everybody more self-accountable for their actions. That’s been very different.”

Linebacker David Hinds said about the last three months, “it’s a big change around here, work ethic, everything.”

Seems the problems went far beyond lack of talent last year.  The situation was even worse then I thought.  What a disaster…

I also saw a video in which a player said they can't sit around during drills or practice and joke around anymore–that they actually have to pay attention and be ready to go. Seeing and hearing these kinds of comments, last year's record shouldn't be a surprise.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

This is why in certain positions you are required to take a mandatory vacation, when your out, alot of things come to the surface.

This program had turned into a train wreck, I am not going to get into a Howard bashing discussion it was just time to retire.

This coaching staff knows that this is their opportunity and they better make it count.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This is why in certain positions you are required to take a mandatory vacation, when your out, alot of things come to the surface.

This program had turned into a train wreck, I am not going to get into a Howard bashing discussion it was just time to retire.

This coaching staff knows that this is their opportunity and they better make it count.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Coach talks about the fast pace of practice. I was told that yesterday the players had 10 seconds after getting the play from the sidelines to snap the ball.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Coach talks about the fast pace of practice. I was told that yesterday the players had 10 seconds after getting the play from the sidelines to snap the ball.
Back to the top

I don't think my brother would blow smoke. He did say the tempo is what everyone has to adjust to but I'm more happy for Coach P. and the team because now they have a coaching that's used to winning and wont take any BS fom  the players who thought they were bigger than the team last year. Its a complete culture change from to to bottom

Back to the top

I don't think my brother would blow smoke. He did say the tempo is what everyone has to adjust to but I'm more happy for Coach P. and the team because now they have a coaching that's used to winning and wont take any BS fom  the players who thought they were bigger than the team last year. Its a complete culture change from to to bottom

Back to the top
Control functions: