Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Spring Football

Re: 2012 Spring Football

2012 Spring Football

USMCOWL said

there is a outlier? People say Wilbert has been doing well this spring. Could he make a case for the start for game 1?

No. Wilbert sadly has shown how shallow our talent pool was last season, he really was the best option. I would have rather watched curtis suffer out there for the last 6 games just so he could get some experience, we might have won 2 games!

Wilbert will be 3rd string at best this fall.
Back to the top

Re: 2012 Spring Football

TeamBeer said

I would have rather watched curtis suffer out there for the last 6 games just so he could get some experience, we might have won 2 games!

+1.

We gained nothing from having Wilbert behind center for so long.

In all honesty, had Schnellenberger not retired, there's very little reason to believe we would have done any better than we did last season. We all know Schnelly is stubborn and would have continued to play Wilbert because the man with the most experience almost always started under the old system. Our defense still would have been practicing against a pro-style, switching to spread for a few days during game prep week and then facing a spread team that they weren't used to, leading to more "thinking" and less "reacting."

Frankly, I'm surprised to see that Pelini has to instill a "new attitude" emphasizing "toughness and technique." Well, what other attitude is there in football? They were always focusing on "toughness." Technique is always important. What the hell were they doing out there before?

That's why it was important to get somebody like Pelini from a school like Nebraska where they approach college football like a professional sport. It's like our team graduated and now realizes how the BCS teams do it, and it's hard, which is why they're so damn good.

Back to the top
Control functions: