Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Spring Football

Re: Spring Football

2012 Spring Football

Interesting tidbit in today's release from FAU…

“Today was a good day,” said Carl Pelini, FAU’s head football coach. “They got after it, worked hard and got better.”

The offensive day began with Graham Wilbert hitting both William Dukes and Paul Moore. Wilbert then ran an option play with Travis Jones completing the run.

The following team session belonged to Stephen Curtis who found William Dukes. Jones continued to impress with runs to the outside while Curtis kept for a gain.

Team session three saw Wilbert hit Hakeeme Ishmar in stride. The day was not all offense with a Brentley Harstad interception late in the final session. Curtis found Moore to end the day on a positive note.
Back to the top

Rick said

Interesting tidbit in today's release from FAU…

“Today was a good day,” said Carl Pelini, FAU’s head football coach. “They got after it, worked hard and got better.”

The offensive day began with Graham Wilbert hitting both William Dukes and Paul Moore. Wilbert then ran an option play with Travis Jones completing the run.

The following team session belonged to Stephen Curtis who found William Dukes. Jones continued to impress with runs to the outside while Curtis kept for a gain.

Team session three saw Wilbert hit Hakeeme Ishmar in stride. The day was not all offense with a Brentley Harstad interception late in the final session. Curtis found Moore to end the day on a positive note.

Wilbert probably looked good in practice last year as well-but was never a gamer.  The QB situation has not even begun to brew yet.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

What is odd is that there is never a mention of Kooi or Bracewell, only Curtis and Wilbert. Why does Wilbert even get reps anymore?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

The JUCO transfer arent there that. lol. Plus I'm guessing because Wilbert has developed a reporie with these guys.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Why does Wilbert even get reps anymore?

To humor him? He's got the most experience running the team at this point even if he is a shoddy QB.
Back to the top

I like what this kid said to Ted Hutton. Sounds like Coach P's policies are catching on with the team.

Flip Flop Football | Change in culture as well as offense at FAU
Back to the top

Discipline is something our team has been severly lacking for several years now.  The last couple seasons have reminded me of the years at FSU where Bowden had no control over his kids and they ran around doing whatever they wanted with no consequences………..they also stunk up the field…….coincidence?  I'm glad to see that the new regime is forcing the guys to be accountable for their actions and its going to be a long wait till September.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Via FAU from today's session…

“We started to try guys at positions and we moved players to new positions which was a little different for some,” said Carl Pelini, FAU’s head football coach.

The day opened with linebacker Blake Nehls putting a nice hit during a safety blitz. The day continued to be a strong one for the defense with Treon Howard pulling in an interception. But, it was not long before the offense got it going with a Graham Wilbert to Hakeeme Ishmar connection. Julius Cartwright followed it up with a strong run up the middle.

The Owls moved back to unit drills where Byron Hankerson made a great over the head grab. In team segment two, it was Wilbert to Alex DeLeon and DeAndre Richardson that moved the chains. Quarterback Nick Bracewell then found Ishmar once more. And Wilbert hit Hankerson before he tucked and ran, on the next play, for a big gain.

Not to be out done, linebacker Toney Moore had an interception and DJ Frye-Smith laid out a wide receiver, which held onto the ball, to prompt cheers from the sideline defense.
Back to the top

Sounds like Coach P is really put confidence into the team.
Back to the top

Wilbert is getting a lot of PT it seems...Kooi not so much, and I said when he signed last yr when he signed that DJ Frye-Smith would be a stud, I think he will prove me right starting this yr
Back to the top
Control functions: