Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Bowl Alignment, Watch, & Discussion Thread

Rick said

Three plays from being in a Bowl…that's pretty much it.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2013, 4:55 PM #323555

That hurts…

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Well, we were always an outside shot for a bowl game. I was looking forward to the Beef'o'Brady's Bowl giving us a shot but I understand why they took ECU. It's a shame.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Can't blow games against Rice, MTSU, and Marshall and get into a bowl.  Oh well.  Still an exciting finish to the season. You have to think in a way, the Athletic Department isn't too sad about not getting into a bowl.  They can now save money and use it toward hiring a new coach.  
Posted On: Dec 8th 2013, 4:51 PM #323553

:Vomit:

Back to the top

The extra 15 practices would been invaluable.  
Back to the top

C-USA really tried. They were negotiating a deal to send Notre Dame to Hawai'i but then Peterson left Boise State and the Irish decided to go Pinstripe. This trade also needed Rutgers to lose. Houston would have then gone to Pinstripe and C-USA would have gotten Birmingham. FAU would have then been in St. Pete with ECU in the BBVA Compass. Things just didn't work out with ND and Rutgers.

Best of luck next year, Owls!
Back to the top

Well, the extra 15 practices would have been invaluable if we knew who next year's coach was going to be and what system(s) he planned to use….
Back to the top

Some interesting facts;

1) ALL NINE (9) programs bowl eligible but left out are "Group of 5" members, not a single one from the BigBoys!

2) 8-4 WKU and 7-5 Toledo had the best records of the nine but were jumped over by 6-6 BigBoys. Thought that was not suppossed to happen anymore!

3) FAU was the ONLY 6-6 bowl eligible team to NOT play an FCS foe and earned all six wins over FBS level programs!

4) SIX (6) BigBoy (AQ) programs finished 6-6 but got invited to Bowl Games. BUT they needed an FCS win to get to 6-6 include; Rutgers, Syracuse, North Carolina, Pitt, Oregon St. and Mississippi St.

5) Washington St. (6-6) was the 7th BigBoy program at 6-6 to be invited BUT actually LOST to an FCS foe!

6) TWO teams lost their last five games of the season (Texas Tech and Oregon State)!
Back to the top

Excellent information. Thanks.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Some interesting facts;

1) ALL NINE (9) programs bowl eligible but left out are "Group of 5" members, not a single one from the BigBoys!

2) 8-4 WKU and 7-5 Toledo had the best records of the nine but were jumped over by 6-6 BigBoys. Thought that was not suppossed to happen anymore!

3) FAU was the ONLY 6-6 bowl eligible team to NOT play an FCS foe and earned all six wins over FBS level programs!

4) SIX (6) BigBoy (AQ) programs finished 6-6 but got invited to Bowl Games. BUT they needed an FCS win to get to 6-6 include; Rutgers, Syracuse, North Carolina, Pitt, Oregon St. and Mississippi St.

5) Washington St. (6-6) was the 7th BigBoy program at 6-6 to be invited BUT actually LOST to an FCS foe!

6) TWO teams lost their last five games of the season (Texas Tech and Oregon State)!

Posted On: Dec 9th 2013, 3:34 PM #323631

Those are all teams that travel reasonably well - or playing in their own market to fans than will show in number.  Hopefully, 2014 adds a couple more wins and tons of fans in the seats.  
Back to the top

grayowl said

Well, the extra 15 practices would have been invaluable if we knew who next year's coach was going to be and what system(s) he planned to use….
Posted On: Dec 9th 2013, 12:48 PM #323603

Sure, there's that. Good point.  I'm a fan of more play, more execution, more comfort in the game.   Bowl games breed more success.  
Back to the top
Control functions: