Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football Season Opener @ UM

2013 FAU Football Season Opener @ UM

Got my lower visiting corner tickets. Go Owls! What do you think the number of FAU faithful that will show for the game? 
Back to the top

We will be four strong. But we got 40 yard line seats, visitor side, for $45 each. I'm not excited, BUT onLY 23 MORE DAYS TILL KICKOFF !
Back to the top

I'm waiting for the student allotment. SG said they'll be bringing prices down to the $10 range, including busing to the game from campus (which are being provided by athletics)
. Even though I won't take the bus, I want SG to get some of the money back for the tickets & busses, so I don't mind going through them. Plus those seats will be the FAU student section, which is something you can't really beat.

I've contacted athletics & SGA to see what they're doing for tailgates. Looks like the OSF will have a tent with food, and so will SGA. I'm trying to get all of the fraternities to tailgate near each other, and near the OCF and SGA tailgates. This will create  mini Rats Mouth feel to the pregame, all FAU supporters in one area. once I get more info on where that location will be in the parking lots, I'll share it with y'all here. As to how many FAU fans will make the trip, I'm guessing around 10,000 or so, with our student section outnumbering theirs.
Back to the top

Pelini paying the $40 to get to the game?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

HootinJack said

I'm waiting for the student allotment. SG said they'll be bringing prices down to the $10 range, including busing to the game from campus (which are being provided by athletics)
. Even though I won't take the bus, I want SG to get some of the money back for the tickets & busses, so I don't mind going through them. Plus those seats will be the FAU student section, which is something you can't really beat. 

I've contacted athletics & SGA to see what they're doing for tailgates. Looks like the OSF will have a tent with food, and so will SGA. I'm trying to get all of the fraternities to tailgate near each other, and near the OCF and SGA tailgates. This will create  mini Rats Mouth feel to the pregame, all FAU supporters in one area. once I get more info on where that location will be in the parking lots, I'll share it with y'all here. As to how many FAU fans will make the trip, I'm guessing around 10,000 or so, with our student section outnumbering theirs.

Everyone can't park together because the way parking works there everyone would have to show up at the same time.
You also have to remember that sorority recruitment is that night so you can eliminate all those girls. 
It's more important that SGA get buses and gets kids down there. Also that stadium I don't think opens its gates to parking until like 4 hours before kickoff.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Pelini paying the $40 to get to the game?

What an awesome gesture. Great job Coach!
Back to the top

They have got to be kidding with sorority recruitment…why wouldn't they make it saturday night
Back to the top

owlmart said

They have got to be kidding with sorority recruitment…why wouldn't they make it saturday night

Because that would make sense. This is what FAU does best and then they wonder why there's no support for athletics. Well when you schedule sorority recruitment the same night as a football game there's your answer. FAU should work with Panhellenic and get these girls to the game on Fri night

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

jab979 said

FAU should work with Panhellenic and get these girls to the game on Fri night

^this. If you tweet this to them, I'll do it too. Back you up on it.

Seems like this happens every year and it needs to be corrected.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

jab979 said

FAU should work with Panhellenic and get these girls to the game on Fri night

^this. If you tweet this to them, I'll do it too. Back you up on it.

Seems like this happens every year and it needs to be corrected.

You have a name for me tweet to? I'll send them a tweet to ask them if they can work with panhell to get the sorority girls to the game on Fri night.

I agree that this type of thing happens every year and it's never corrected. Doubt they'll change their minds based on two people tweeting them, but gotta start somewhere

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: