Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 NFL Draft Thread: FAU Players to Watch

Re: 2013 NFL Draft Thread: FAU Players to Watch

2013 NFL Draft Thread: FAU Players to Watch

I believe if Wilbert would have played in 2011 like he did in 2012 he would get drafted.  I know thats a big if…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Andrew said

When FIU came to Boca last season, that was the game with the most NFL scouts. That can be attested to the play of Cyprien.

Nothing against pikepanther or FIU, but I have genuinely never heard of this guy.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Andrew said

When FIU came to Boca last season, that was the game with the most NFL scouts. That can be attested to the play of Cyprien.

Nothing against pikepanther or FIU, but I have genuinely never heard of this guy.

Well, he wasn't selected in the 1st round; which is where some speculated he might go…….
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Andrew said

I wasn't sure if I should blame the beer or the fact that he's a safety and unless he has a big game it's really hard to "notice" someone if you aren't looking for them, especially on the other team.

The last few years we've been so damn bad it's hard to remember anything from our games anyway.
Back to the top

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Owl2Doc said

Andrew said

I wasn't sure if I should blame the beer or the fact that he's a safety and unless he has a big game it's really hard to "notice" someone if you aren't looking for them, especially on the other team.

The last few years we've been so damn bad it's hard to remember anything from our games anyway.

He is a very good player and too bad for him he did not get picked last night in round one but he will still do very well for himself. Glad to see MAC and Belt and CUSA guys even get considered for the 1st round and it has become more and more likely in recent years.
Back to the top

nothing against cyprien  hes a good talent but first round picks are suppose to dominate opponents and we were not afraid to throw it his way and he did alright against us but is this the same projected first round pick that let a walk on "Stoshak" behind him for a long td i think so he good but he's also a product of the hype machine. we all know his credentials and no one can take that from him but when me and my bro looked at fiu film to study for that game we highlighted #7 but he saw him as no threat to bad my brother didnt get to play due to injury. he's a big hitter but he gets beat in coverage alot and thats what you need in todays football the NFL is a pass happy league but im happy for him and anyone else from mid major conferences that gets drafted cause it shows we can play ball to you dont have to play big time ball to get noticed.

#FauOrDie
Back to the top

Florida International S Johnathan Cyprien is drafted 33rd overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Back to the top

Andrew said

Florida International S Johnathan Cyprien is drafted 33rd overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Congrats to Jonathan, good luck in your NFL career! And to all Owl fans, the good news is a high 2nd round NFL pick is no longer an Owls opponent!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

the good news is a high 2nd round NFL pick is no longer an Owls opponent!

+1
Back to the top
Control functions: