Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Preseason Camp

The 52 yarder makes me smile. I don't care if it was practice. Two years ago I spoke with a guy that knows Gaskins. He told me that he was very under rated coming out of high school. He said it would not surprise him that he developed into a big time runner. Nice to see him getting some reps.
Back to the top

Although "Camp" is officially over, we'll keep the updates here until game week.

Notables from today's session via SID Brandon Goodwin…

The Florida Atlantic University football team continued preparations for the 2014 season, balancing classes and practice for the first time this fall.

“It’s an adjustment now that they have to go to class,” Roc Bellantoni, FAU’s Defensive Coordinator, said. “You change the stimulus of their bodies a little, but I thought [practice] was good.”

The passing game stole the spotlight on both sides of the ball during the team drills, starting with a shoestring catch by Lucky Whitehead from Greg Hankerson. Soon after, freshman Henry Bussey caught a dump pass from fellow freshman Jason Driskel in the backfield and took it roughly 70 yards to the end zone.
Martese Jackson continued to impress in the running game, breaking off a long finesse run in which he broke several tackles up the middle.

The defense stepped it up midway through the session, beginning with a Cre’von Leblanc pass breakup. Sharrod Neasman earned the biggest reaction from his teammates on the day as he climbed the ladder to intercept a pass that appeared to be out of reach. He followed up the pick with a pass breakup on the very next attempt.

In two-minute drills at the end of practice, Driskel scrambled for a first down then connected with Kalib Woods for 15 yards. Those efforts setup a practice-ending field goal by freshman Landon Scheer.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: