Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 FAU Football Preseason Camp

Notables from today's session via SID Katrina McCormack:

Despite the delay, both sides of the ball made nice plays in the session, which was shortened slightly.

Highlights included Kemar Downer breaking up a Daniel Parr pass during seven-on-seven drills, followed by Dustin Bowens snagging a Parr throw. Later on in the session, Cre’von Leblanc picked off a Jaquez Johnson pass when the starting units took the field. Sophomore Ronnie Scott also recorded a break-up of a Tyler Cameron throw.

The defensive play of the day may have been made by Sharrod Neasman, who closed on a Johnson pass to Derek Moise to break up what otherwise would have been a sure completion.

“It’s practice 11; it’s the middle of camp. I think we’ve had a lot better practices,” said Roc Bellatoni, FAU’s defensive coordinator. “Not that I’m down on it, I think we’ve raised our expectation level and our guys know it. I think that’s a good thing.”
Back to the top

Back to the top

Notables from Coach Partridge after Saturday's session:

“Normally this would be our last day of camp, but, because we have three weeks of classes prior to the first game in some ways, we will be in a camp mentality mode next week. We will still be evaluating some of our newcomers. We will still have some general install. We will not get started on Tulsa prep for another week and a half. There is still some camp mentality and I think it is of benefit to us to stretch out the amount of time we have until the first game. I’m really excited after 12 practices with where we sit. There has been progress on both sides of the ball."

"Walking off the field today it felt like the defense was better than the offense, which was good because day-in and day-out the offense has probably won more. It was good to see the defense have a positive performance today. We will do some walk through and install tonight and then start to back off in order get their legs back.”
Back to the top

Seems like good signs coming out of camp so far; otherwise you hear a lot of "we're not where we need to be yet" from the coaches.

This Club Med approach with very few 2-a-days will be an interesting contrast to past practices and we'll be able to see if it leads to better outcomes… or us running out of gas early into the 3rd quarter. Obviously hoping for the former.
Back to the top

I played 100 years ago, but games seemed so much easier then practice. No reason for running out of gas. Conditioning and hydration is most important. I like the fact that we are relatively healthy still. Knock on wood.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Notable from Coach Partridge after today's session:

“Early evaluation is that Quez looks pretty sharp. I’m excited about that,” said Charlie Partridge, FAU’s head football coach. “I saw multiple guys catch the ball. Our running backs are what I think they are. It was fun for me to get to hear from the officials, who see us in snap shots, talk about how different everything is. Because we (coaches) get caught up in the everyday fix this. Get this right. They see that we are moving along differently.”
Back to the top
Control functions: