Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

If games aren't nationally televised does that mean FAU will get to set start times and we will be away form the 1:00 sauna games?

Perhaps we may have some home late afternoon/night games this year?

Back to the top

LawOwl said

The streaming by the school is a major upgrade. Now I don't feel bad about cutting my cable subscription. So with 8-9 games being televised, we're essentially back to where we were with the 'Belt. Smh.
Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 8:32 AM #356693

when did the school decide to do that and is it the actual game broadcast, or students calling the game
Back to the top

Rick said

Comcast has a monthly deal for $4.99 for the sports entertainment package. The beIN channel is 498 in Boca market on there but not HD right now - they are looking to add it in HD. ATT Uverse it is 1662 HD.

And you get a bunch of other sports channels…but not a soccer-centered deal if that's what you are looking for.

Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 12:24 PM #356697

Good look Rick!

I don't get Comcast in Tampa, but FIOS/Frontier has been a nightmare lately and I am looking to cut all my cable and only have subscriptions.

Anybody use Sling??

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Rick said

LawOwl said

So with 8-9 games being televised, we're essentially back to where we were with the 'Belt. Smh.

Pretty much, and that is not a given either.

Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 8:55 AM #356694
Not really.
What people need to understand is that many people stream  a lot more now than they did even three years ago.
A game online now is a lot different than a game online three years ago.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

LawOwl said

The streaming by the school is a major upgrade. Now I don't feel bad about cutting my cable subscription. So with 8-9 games being televised, we're essentially back to where we were with the 'Belt. Smh.

when did the school decide to do that and is it the actual game broadcast, or students calling the game

Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 12:34 PM #356699
The school decided nothing.
From I read the conference asked the schools upgrade the ability to produce games. Essentially better cameras and more of them. The conference and hire a couple of broadcasters and show the game online or sell the rights to a local network.  
Back to the top

Rick said

Comcast has a monthly deal for $4.99 for the sports entertainment package. The beIN channel is 498 in Boca market on there but not HD right now - they are looking to add it in HD. ATT Uverse it is 1662 HD.

And you get a bunch of other sports channels…but not a soccer-centered deal if that's what you are looking for.

I have that now. I believed it's called the xfinity triple play and yes, you do get just about every sports network. But now that the school is going to be streaming every game,  I don't see value in staying with xfinity.
Back to the top

RelicOwl said

In sincerely hope that since none of our TV partners picked up our September home games that means FAU can start the games any time they want.  Hopefully they would be smart enough to choose an evening start time if FAU can choose start times.  Please no more noon games-the games won't be on TV so there is no excuse now!
Posted On: Jun 8th 2016, 4:51 PM #356683

The ONLY good thing about this AWFUL media contract! CUSA is even beneath the MAC deal now - AWFUL!
Back to the top

Jake said

Rick said

Good look Rick!

I don't get Comcast in Tampa, but FIOS/Frontier has been a nightmare lately and I am looking to cut all my cable and only have subscriptions.

Anybody use Sling??
Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 1:03 PM #356700

My roommate and I just cut the cable cord. We bought an Amazon Firestick which has ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, etc… apps available if you have a cable subscription. So we agreed to pay a quarter of our friend's cable bill if we can have his cable information so we can stream games on the apps. If it wasn't for that, we'd have to download and pay for Sling, which still only has a limited amount of channels available. Being the big soccer guy that I am, I may pull the trigger on Fobo TV, especially with BeIN's new deals with the NASL and CUSA.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Updates to the sched are out:

Back to the top

Me gusta.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: