Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Preseason Camp

The only small shinning light is it happen early in camp so some time to prepare.
I have also heard that the two young DT's McCarry and Davis look good early maybe they can make the type of impact Al did when Relf went down.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

The only small shinning light is it happen early in camp so some time to prepare.
I have also heard that the two young DT's McCarry and Davis look good early maybe they can make the type of impact Al did when Relf went down.
Posted On: Aug 8th 2016, 11:05 AM #357562

and the other positive thing (if there is such a thing) is he didn't already take a red shirt year.
Back to the top

Day three is in the books. Buddy Howell had two catch-and-runs. One catch he dashed for a TD and the other a big gain. Herb Miller posted an INT as well.

"The guys holding each other accountable and some position groups continuing to improve from the spring", said Coach Partridge. "We still have a long way to go to be ready for Southern Illinois.”

Partridge comments on pace, Buddy Howell, and the QB battle below:

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Aug 8th 2016, 11:05 AM #357562

Not to be negative about the situation but freshman DT's usually dont have the weight to play effectively.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Practice four is now in the books, and will be the last acclimation session before the pads go on tomorrow. Here is what Coach Trickett had to say afterwards:

Florida Atlantic University’s football team worked through their fourth practice Tuesday morning and the biggest significance to the completion of the fourth practice is that it is the final practice before the Owls will don full pads for the first time this preseason.

“We are throwing a lot more at them than we did in the spring because we have had a whole spring and a whole summer. It is still new, but  not as new. So, we wanted to throw more in and plus, with our new guys and the guys we have coming back, we want to identify what we are going to be good at. Every team is different. You have to have enough in your offense to be able to have answers for whatever your team can do best. The worst thing a coach can do is try and fit a square peg into a round hole. We are going to throw it in there. See what our guys are pretty good at and then get really, really good at those things and then bring the rest of it up. As far as install has gone, we have thrown a lot at them. They have done it. It is going well. The coaches have done a phenomenal job at getting them prepared and the kids have done a lot on their own, extra, so I’m extremely pleased with that.”

“We run the ball well. Again, that is a day-by-day thing. A lot of the summer work that the offensive linemen have put in, as far as the fundamental work and learning what Coach (Garin) Justice teaches for the new schemes, they really worked on this summer. They got into the books and studied the film and it is showing up on the field. They are being more physical. The run game has been very pleasant. I won’t say a surprise. Just very pleasant to see so far.”

Back to the top

I got to watch a practice today and figured i'd share some of the things I saw:

1. Devin Singletary looked good, he broke off a big run to the outside. He definitely has a ton of speed.
2. James Charles had a powerful run up the middle for about 10 yards. Both freshman running backs looked good for their first day in pads.
3. I got to see Steven Frank, He definitely has an arm but I don't think he looked like a contender for the 1 or 2 spot. Still a solid guy for the future.
4. Kerryth White looked just as good as he did in the spring game, his performance was no fluke and it definitely hasn't slowed down. He had the biggest running play I saw for what looked like a 50 yard run before he was tripped up by a defender.
5. Tavaris Harrison looks as good as advertised, he caught a deep ball in the end zone for a TD to end practice.
6. One player I had't heard much hype about but saw make a couple good catches(one off a deflection of a pass intended for another reciever) was freshman TE Harrison Bryant.
7. Overall the defense looked really strong and you could see the strong team bond, every time a good play was made they would rush off the sidelines and literally just go nuts and back slap whoever made the play. 
Back to the top

Did  you see the DT rotation?
Back to the top

guest (Guest) said

I got to watch a practice today and figured i'd share some of the things I saw:

1. Devin Singletary looked good, he broke off a big run to the outside. He definitely has a ton of speed.
2. James Charles had a powerful run up the middle for about 10 yards. Both freshman running backs looked good for their first day in pads.
3. I got to see Steven Frank, He definitely has an arm but I don't think he looked like a contender for the 1 or 2 spot. Still a solid guy for the future.
4. Kerryth White looked just as good as he did in the spring game, his performance was no fluke and it definitely hasn't slowed down. He had the biggest running play I saw for what looked like a 50 yard run before he was tripped up by a defender.
5. Tavaris Harrison looks as good as advertised, he caught a deep ball in the end zone for a TD to end practice.
6. One player I had't heard much hype about but saw make a couple good catches(one off a deflection of a pass intended for another reciever) was freshman TE Harrison Bryant.
7. Overall the defense looked really strong and you could see the strong team bond, every time a good play was made they would rush off the sidelines and literally just go nuts and back slap whoever made the play. 
Posted On: Aug 10th 2016, 12:08 PM #357602

A TE like Harrison allowed us to move Terry to the WR position. We have some real nice height in our receivers! Should be REAL HANDY in the End Zone and all 3rd downs to keep possession!
Back to the top

Nice to hear all there true Freshman making an impact immediately - DEPTH!!!!
Back to the top

Yep! You recruit well and that's what you get.
Back to the top
Control functions: