Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Preseason Camp

The Owls scrimmaged today for the latter portion of their session, highlights below via SID Katrina McCormack:

• Sophomore linebacker Jacob Douglas began the scrimmage with an interception.

• Devin Singletary continues to impress by breaking through traffic to pick up yards. He continued to do so on Saturday with four nice runs including two scores. He added a five-yard reception that he turned into a big gain.

• Redshirt junior defensive lineman Hayden Nagel picked up a fumble.

• Three times redshirt sophomore Jason Driskel found receivers deep in the defense’s territory. The first was a 40-yard reception by “Pico” Tavaris Harrison, which set up a TD. He also hit redshirt freshman James Brunson with a 30-yard pass and redshirt freshman Jacob Wilson for 20 yards and a score.

• It was a big day for the defense with its goal to get behind the line of scrimmage. Redshirt senior defensive lineman Shalom Ogbonda picked up the side’s first tackle for a loss. The defense then saw redshirt junior linebacker Nate Ozdemir, sophomore defensive back Jalen Young, freshman Chanler Raynard Ferguson, freshman Rashad Smith and sophomore Shelton Lewis get in on the action with a TFL each. Redshirt junior lineman Nick Internicola and sophomore lineman Steven Leggett combined for a tackle for a loss and freshman defensive tackle William Davis recorded a sack.

• Offensively, Harrison had a reception at the goal line that setup Singletary’s score. Freshman receiver John Mitchell went up in tight coverage for a jump ball, beat his defender and came down with the ball. Fellow freshman Noah Carlson pulled in a pass from freshman quarterback Trent Wessel while redshirt sophomore Kerrith Whyte, Jr had back-to-back plays with a 10 and an eight yard reception from redshirt sophomore quarterback Daniel Parr.
Back to the top

The dogs needed to get out, so I took them to practice this morning.  

From what I see, this is going to be a very good year.  There are a lot of talented players on the field in Boca!
Back to the top

After attending the last two practices have identified once need this team has that no one has talked about.

How about a couple of commercial Manitowoc ice machines for the Ox?  They must be buying Redi-ice by the ton!
Back to the top

Matt C said

After attending the last two practices have identified once need this team has that no one has talked about.

How about a couple of commercial Manitowoc ice machines for the Ox?  They must be buying Redi-ice by the ton!
Posted On: Aug 14th 2016, 7:28 PM #357696

Sounds like a sponsorship opportunity! Make it happen.  

I saw an ice machine behind the Ox but they could probably use several.  "FAU Ice brought to you by Matt C" has a great ring to it!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Matt C said

Posted On: Aug 14th 2016, 7:28 PM #357696

Sounds like a sponsorship opportunity! Make it happen.  

I saw an ice machine behind the Ox but they could probably use several.  "FAU Ice brought to you by Matt C" has a great ring to it!!
Posted On: Aug 14th 2016, 7:49 PM #357697
As a fisherman in a fishing family, buying an ice machine was almost like going to heaven.  Schlepping back and forth with a couple of hundred pounds of ice several times a week was a major PIA!  Now a bucket and a trip to the garage and the boxes are full of ice.

If FAU wants me to buy theirs, they will have to use my season ticket money.
Back to the top

Matt C… I too had an ice machine installed at my office. I use it for fishing also. Now, all my "friends"  think I bought it for them. It's actually hard to believe we don't have machines already.
Back to the top

Another two-a-day for the Owls on Monday…here are some notables from Coach Partridge, who says he will probably name a starting QB next week:

"There is some good depth being formed. I think our ‘O’ line is as cohesive of a group as they have been, since I’ve gotten here, across the board. Again, love the quarterback battle and love where that is at. They both continue to push each other. I’m not going to name anything until probably sometime next week. We have depth at running back which we thought coming into it. I’m excited about the depth at linebacker as well – some of the kids coming out of their first year. Khantrell Burden is playing lights out. Jacob Douglas is really, really having a nice fall camp. Azeez [Al-Shaair] is doing what we expected. Nate Ozdemir and Jake Stewart, there is a striking difference with the depth in our linebacker room. So, a lot of good things are happening, but we have a lot of work to do."
Back to the top

Thanks for the updates Rick. Really getting excited for the season. Came home from work to find a big envelope from FAU full of season tickets and parking passes. Can't wait.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Thanks for the updates Rick. Really getting excited for the season. Came home from work to find a big envelope from FAU full of season tickets and parking passes. Can't wait.
Posted On: Aug 15th 2016, 8:53 PM #357710

What he said.

Excited to see the package when I got home.  Ticket package is getting fancier every year.

Can't wait for this to get started!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Practice 12 is in the books,  here's  some of what Coach Trickett had to say afterwards:

"Experience is one thing you can’t buy. You can do your best to simulate it, but it is one thing that we can’t manufacture. They either have it or don’t have experience. There is comfort, I think, within those kids. We have faith with all of our kids. The good thing about it is there is a lot of competition. No one is really comfortable, everybody has a healthy fear for their job. It is keeping the drive. All those kids are staying out and doing stuff on their own. We left the field the other day and most position groups stayed out on their own to try and get better. When your kids are starting to do that you have something. We are excited about that". 
Back to the top
Control functions: