Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Spring Football

Local Owl said

Who plans on attending the spring game
Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 7:58 PM #355660

I will probably miss it. My boss is relentless  :)

Probably the last hurrah for us before summer doldrums set in so will have extended hours opening an hour earlier and closing an hour later.
Back to the top

we are planning on attending. still trying to come up with the money to renew our season tickets. they are holding our seats until they do.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Local Owl said

Who plans on attending the spring game
Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 7:58 PM #355660

I will probably miss it. My boss is relentless  :)

Probably the last hurrah for us before summer doldrums set in so will have extended hours opening an hour earlier and closing an hour later.
Posted On: Apr 10th 2016, 10:00 PM #355668

The dreaded Summer doldrums as the great Ted Hutton used to call it
Back to the top

I'll be in attendance. Looking forward to seeing the QB battle and WRs. But most importantly, it'd be nice to see how the players respond to Coach Trickett's offense.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

But most importantly, it'd be nice to see how the players respond to Coach Trickett's offense.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 10:48 AM #355673

That's one of the keys to the season for me. No huddle and up tempo sounds exciting but if you don't execute it properly, you don't give the D much rest and end up running out of gas at the end. Hope it works out.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Island_Owl88 said

But most importantly, it'd be nice to see how the players respond to Coach Trickett's offense.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 10:48 AM #355673

That's one of the keys to the season for me. No huddle and up tempo sounds exciting but if you don't execute it properly, you don't give the D much rest and end up running out of gas at the end. Hope it works out.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 11:29 AM #355676

Exactly. That was my first thought when I heard about "up-tempo no huddle". We've seen our team speed up and go 3 and out in what felt like 60 seconds. If our receivers aren't doing their job we have to become one dimensional with the running plays and that's never a good thing.

So we'll see how it plays out.
Back to the top

All this reality and truthfulness is refreshing. I think everyone wants nothing more than great success. But it feels like I'm holding my breath waiting for something bad to happen. I hope they all prove me very wrong.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

All this reality and truthfulness is refreshing. I think everyone wants nothing more than great success. But it feels like I'm holding my breath waiting for something bad to happen. I hope they all prove me very wrong.
Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 4:29 PM #355680

Which is not unusual considering this team has been bad for the last 8 years (since most people don't count the Brian Wright-led 6-6 campaign before Partridge). We've played good teams better than expected (see Florida game last year), we've lost to bad teams, we've started out slow and thus let games go to the last minute, we've made nonsensical coaching decisions, etc. It's completely unpredictable.

There's promise in this year's team because of our freshmen defensive breakouts last year + trey hendrickson + hype of Parr, sure, but we're also potentially breaking in a new QB in a new system. That's the biggest concern and why we could go 3-9 again.

This team needs to acclimate fast. 
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

That's the biggest concern and why we could go 3-9 again.

Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 5:18 PM #355681

Blasphemy!!!!!! :Straight-Face:

Honestly, I just refuse to believe we're going for another 3-9 campaign. But let's revisit this comment Saturday night.
Back to the top

Right, but again, I'm not saying it's GOING to happen. I'm not even making a season prediction about any win-loss record in particular. I'm just saying it COULD happen because we have a major developmental hurdle to overcome here. There's no underestimating the importance of the QB position.

The upside is that we have, supposedly, the best crop of QB recruits we've ever had here, and it's encouraging that Parr and Driskel are competing so fiercely despite one having more college playing time than the other. We'll see how that translates.
Back to the top
Control functions: