Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Spring Football

@Owl2Doc, no need to explain any more. You are perfectly clear and I  totally agree. We will have a new QB on campus soon and he , hopefully, will red shirt and take it all in. Realistically, we should be set at QB for the next five years. This upcoming season is the one in question due to so many unknowns.
Back to the top

I have seen defenses combat the go fast offense with a designated "injury".  Until the NCAA figures out how to stop that, the defense gets, what amounts to be an uncharged time-out when it needs to slow things down and/or make situational substitutions.

On saturday, Coach Roc might want to throw a couple at the offense to see how that react.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Right, but again, I'm not saying it's GOING to happen. I'm not even making a season prediction about any win-loss record in particular. I'm just saying it COULD happen because we have a major developmental hurdle to overcome here. There's no underestimating the importance of the QB position.

The upside is that we have, supposedly, the best crop of QB recruits we've ever had here, and it's encouraging that Parr and Driskel are competing so fiercely despite one having more college playing time than the other. We'll see how that translates.

Posted On: Apr 11th 2016, 6:19 PM #355683

We are not going 3-9 our D will alone will us to 5 wins.
They are unbelievably talented.

Don't expect much from the spring game.
I have gone to a couple practices and a scrimmage and they D expectedly is way ahead. 
The Oline is missing some guys and who was left was just getting pushed around.
Warren as always has some injury.
Driskle and Parr are mixed in and out and with the 1st and 2nd team so much is hard to get any type of feel who is ahead.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

We are not going 3-9
Posted On: Apr 12th 2016, 12:14 PM #355693

I agree with you will are not going 3-9.  I think we all said that the past 2 Springs as well.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I agree with you will are not going 3-9.  I think we all said that the past 2 Springs as well.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2016, 12:54 PM #355694

😂😭😂😭😂
Back to the top

The D is great but still very young. I don't expect us to really start winning until next year when we have more experience across the board. A lot of these kids just haven't matured physically yet and that's ok. Pelini left us with a mess between the JUCO heavy recruiting and the blow. 
Back to the top

Now that is a funny last line. I've never heard it put quite like that. OC40….the D alone  will not win a single game. That is what Owl2doc is saying and what I am saying. We just don't know until we see the final product. Right now, it is anyone's guess.Time will tell.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

The D is great but still very young. I don't expect us to really start winning until next year when we have more experience across the board. A lot of these kids just haven't matured physically yet and that's ok. Pelini left us with a mess between the JUCO heavy recruiting and the blow. 
Posted On: Apr 12th 2016, 6:06 PM #355697

This team by far is talented enough to win 8 this year. 
It's up to Charlie to get us there.
I know we have had back to back 3-9 seasons, but we were hardly ever out classed on the field. We gave WKU and Marshall everything they could handle the last two years.
FIU lost to those teams by a conmbined 107 points last year with one game being called in 3rd quarter.  
We have shown out talent it's up to the coaches to have them finish.
6-6 would be a dissapointmemt.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This team by far is talented enough to win 8 this year. 
Posted On: Apr 12th 2016, 7:48 PM #355699

Man I hope you are right. We need a bowl game.

Hopefully you have been honing your prognostication skills because you were so far off last year saying at this time of year (last year) that we were good enough to win 9 games and we won 3.

I am rooting for you to be right!!!  We need to turn the corner this year.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Man I hope you are right. We need a bowl game.

Yep. We gotta get our students to be proud of this team again. Our school spirit is nowhere near what is was back in 2007/2008. We need that back!
Back to the top
Control functions: