Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Spring Football

????

I posted the Baywatch Spring Game video and it disappeared…
Back to the top

My only question to OC40 is, I know you have knowledge of FAU. Have you researched how much improved the teams that we will be playing are ? They have blogs where their fans are saying the same thing. Someone has to be wrong.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My only question to OC40 is, I know you have knowledge of FAU. Have you researched how much improved the teams that we will be playing are ? They have blogs where their fans are saying the same thing. Someone has to be wrong.
Posted On: Apr 13th 2016, 7:16 PM #355714

Yes, a lot 
I don't want to get into each team and I do think C-USA will be overall improved this year.

In the end it's year 3 for Charile it's time to take a huge step.
We saw what a bunch of freshmen are capeble of and now it's time to put it together.
Like I said this whole time we haven't been that far off at all talent wise. 
Man for man other than QB we might have just as many great athletes as WKU last year.
We just need to finish and cross the T's and sit the I's.
Like I said FIU lost to Marshall and WKU by over 100 points last year which shows a huge talent gap and we don't have that issue and should have only added more.
Our QB doesn't even need be great this year they just need to do a better job of getting the play makers the ball.
Back to the top

All true OC40, good post!
Back to the top

A few things i noticed though.

1.) 2 years ago our offense put us in position to win in quite a few games, but our defense failed to make key stops or let the opponets drive down field and win.

2.) Last year our defense put us in to key positions to win ball games when making crirtical stops to give our offense the ball, but offense quite a few times failed to make critical plays or convert.

3.) Yet in both cases blame is equally passed around to both sides.

Yet that is my honest opinion.
Back to the top

The Owls held their final Spring Drill session today, in preparation for the Red Blue Game this Saturday…notables form Offensive Coordinator Travis Trickett:

“Practice number 15. There are going to be fans in the stands and I’m excited for the kids to get to play in front friends and family. You will see a drummed down version [of FAU’s new offense]. There is not going to be much on tape as far as that. What we are really going to do is run a handful of plays. Let them go out there and execute. See who can perform when there are maybe some eyes on them. That will be the biggest eval for us as far as you are out there on your own, the leash is off, go out there and play and see what they can do. What you see on Saturday versus Southern Illinois [the season opener] will not look the same [as what the team looks like in the RedBlue Spring Game]. Our guys will grow exponentially [between now and September]. They were much better today. Today was our best day on offense which is exciting that we are getting better.”

·         Redshirt freshman Daniel Parr found Kalib Woods on several plays
·         Greg “Buddy” Howell broke free for a long run and score
·         Redshirt sophomore Reggie Brown recorded an interception
·         Junior Henry Bussey had a reception for a big gain
Back to the top
Control functions: