Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Potential Coaching search thread

teambeer said

Guess we could always go down to FCS with Idaho
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 5:27 PM #360449

PRES. KELLY, WE KEEP ON THIS WAY WE MAY AS WELL GO DOWN LIKE IDAHO. Not gonna sell many tickets to this product with these results! BUT THEN WE CAN BRAG WE HAVE BY FAR THE NICEST FCS STADIUM IN THE COUNTRY! :Thinking:
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I hate the fact the we need people say we need to hire offensive or defensive guy.

Just get someone who gets players to players to play 100 percent of their capability.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 5:45 PM #360454

Disagree here.  Hire an offensive guy.  Please hire an offensive guy.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry40 said

I hate the fact the we need people say we need to hire offensive or defensive guy.

Just get someone who gets players to players to play 100 percent of their capability.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 5:45 PM #360454

Disagree here.  Hire an offensive guy.  Please hire an offensive guy.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 10:23 PM #360480

Id rather get a defensive guy since they harder to come by these days in college football.
Coaches who can run a spread and can put point are a lot easier to  find(even though we can't) then someone who coaches good D.
Playing poor D is just as frustrating.
Back to the top

We ARE playing bad D but an O that can simply play equal to 1st half wins the past 2 games! O is the name of the game and almost all the rules favor the O and scoring.

And O will sell WAY more tickets, another important issue anywhere but I think ESPECIALLY here at FAU. Football and the stadium was being counted on the carry the athletic dept. into the future. And it will definately be needed to carry us onward and UPWARD out of CUSA and the second worst media deal in college athletics!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Hire an offensive guy.  Please hire an offensive guy.

With you 1000%.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Hire an offensive guy.  Please hire an offensive guy.
With you 1000%.

Posted On: Oct 15th 2016, 5:34 PM #361125

Why not an FCS coach like Joe Moglia or Kerwin Bell?
Back to the top

Personally would rather hire an OC from a school that CAN sore points at THIS level! AGAIN, DR. KELLY, PLEASE STEP IN AND REPLACE THESE CLOWNS WITH SOME QUALITY COACHES FROM CLEMSON!
Back to the top

I hear a lot of Arm Chair AD's tossing a lot of name's around.  Very funny.  

Kerwin Bell, Clemson coaches…. you are thinking small time.  Got to think outside the box.  So as long as we are entertaining wild guesses, knowing full well our coach is here to stay, here is my take on what could happen.

After New England wins the Superbowl this year, there is a good chance Belichick gives up the NFL and comes to Florida to reside.  Remember he brought the Pats down here for practice.  His wife loves Boca!

He has plenty of money, so that's not an issue.  He'd probable donate his salary back to the school anyway.  Seems like a win/win.  

Now if that happens, it would only be natural for Brady to follow him here as QB Coach or OC, after all Gieselle loves Boca and it's close enough to SOBE.

Probably hear the announcement right after the Superbowl

Back to the top

Matt C said

I hear a lot of Arm Chair AD's tossing a lot of name's around.  Very funny.  

Kerwin Bell, Clemson coaches…. you are thinking small time.  Got to think outside the box.  So as long as we are entertaining wild guesses, knowing full well our coach is here to stay, here is my take on what could happen.

After New England wins the Superbowl this year, there is a good chance Belichick gives up the NFL and comes to Florida to reside.  Remember he brought the Pats down here for practice.  His wife loves Boca!

He has plenty of money, so that's not an issue.  He'd probable donate his salary back to the school anyway.  Seems like a win/win.  

Now if that happens, it would only be natural for Brady to follow him here as QB Coach or OC, after all Gieselle loves Boca and it's close enough to SOBE.

Probably hear the announcement right after the Superbowl

Posted On: Oct 16th 2016, 8:42 PM #361311

You compared Charlie to Jimmy Johnson.  You really need to STFU.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

You compared Charlie to Jimmy Johnson.  You really need to STFU.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2016, 8:47 PM #361312

Didn't make any such comparison.  What I alluded to was a great HC like JJ did not enjoy instance success.  Nothing more.

Just curious, did you go to FSU?
Back to the top
Control functions: