Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Season Predictions!

VS SIU -W
@ Miami- L
@KSU – L
VS Ball St- W
@ FIU- W
vs Char- W
@Marshall- L
VS WKU- L
@ Rice- L
VS UTEP- W
VS ODU- W
@ MTSU- L

6-6 Hopefully a bowl year!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

2016 Preseason College Football Rankings, No. 1-128 -

According to this article, 6 of our FBS opponents are ranked lower than us. I'm using this as reassurance that we'll go bowling this year.
Back to the top

Will come down to QB play.

If whomever starts goes for around 25 TD's and 10 INT's.  I predict 8-4.

If the numbers look more like 18 TD's and 18 INT's I predict 4-8.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm with Walty. Only 7-5 and 4-8. QB play will be a HUGE factor.
Back to the top

We have the have the talent to easily be a 9-3  team.  I don't want to rehash last year but we were tied or ahead in the second half in 6 of the games we lost.

Here are my keys to a winning season in 2016.  On offense, making first downs, keeping the the ball moving and using clock.  We have a solid running attack, we should use it.  That will only help the passing game.  Driskell needs to throw it away if it's not there and not take the big loss or INT.  Tyler Cameron needs to play a bigger role, especially coming out of the backfield to block or motion receiver.     Buddy Howell needs 25 touches a game.  Jay Warren needs to hold on to the ball.

On Defense we need to get off the field on 3rd down.   We gave up a lot of easy short pitch and catch plays last year.  The secondary played soft.  This year we need to some press coverage on the slot receiver.   Let's see the opposing D get gassed this year.

Field Goals out side of 30 yards only 50% have to do better.

That's how I see it.   Glad for the 6 pm starts.  Only people happier than me is the band, who sat in that sun and baked in those uniforms.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

VS SIU -W
@ Miami- L
@KSU – L
VS Ball St- W
@ FIU- W
vs Char- W
@Marshall- L
VS WKU- L
@ Rice- L
VS UTEP- W
VS ODU- W
@ MTSU- L

GO OWLS!!!

Posted On: Aug 4th 2016, 3:29 PM #357514

If this what the end of the season looks like then changes need to be made.
Can't go 0-3 vs MTSU WKU and Marshall and call it a good season.
FAU has recruited in the top 3 of the conference he last three years and its time to reflect that talent.

If we go 6-6 and finish 6th or 7thish in the conference overall then we are not getting the most out of our talent and the staff can under achieve somewhere else.

Despite that I truly believe we will break out this year and win 8-9 games!  
Our D could win 6 games itself with avg QB play they almost won a game at UF by themselves.

I think Driskle will be the QB because he is the safer more experienced QB (throws a great ball as well) and they will let the D and the good stable of RB'S and experienced online carry us in most games.

Its going to be a great year boys!……….gulp

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owlfan1 said

VS SIU -W
@ Miami- L
@KSU – L
VS Ball St- W
@ FIU- W
vs Char- W
@Marshall- L
VS WKU- L
@ Rice- L
VS UTEP- W
VS ODU- W
@ MTSU- L

GO OWLS!!!

Posted On: Aug 4th 2016, 3:29 PM #357514
If this what the end of the season looks like then changes need to be made.
Can't go 0-3 vs MTSU WKU and Marshall and call it a good season.
FAU has recruited in the top 3 of the conference he last three years and its time to reflect that talent.

If we go 6-6 and finish 6th or 7thish in the conference overall then we are not getting the most out of our talent and the staff can under achieve somewhere else.

Despite that I truly believe we will break out this year and win 8-9 games!  
Our D could win 6 games itself with avg QB play they almost won a game at UF by themselves.

I think Driskle will be the QB because he is the safer more experienced QB (throws a great ball as well) and they will let the D and the good stable of RB'S and experienced online carry us in most games.

Its going to be a great year boys!……….gulp

Posted On: Aug 5th 2016, 10:39 AM #357522
Unfortunately, those are likely losses. Many have mentioned that FAU has not been able to beat MTSU in a long time. Playing on the road late in the season will make this a difficult task in 2016. Playing at Marshall will also be a big challenge. Marshall was a 10 win team last season. Finally, FAU gets WKU at home, but WKU has a potent offense and is a tough game no matter where it is played. WKU had 12 wins last year. Remember, WKU, MTSU, and Marshall all went bowling last year. While I would love to see an 8 or 9 win season, the realist in me sees 6 wins as more plausible.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Best case:

7-5

Worst case:

4-8

But we better go at least 6-6 or expect wholesale changes across the board.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Unfortunately, those are likely losses. Many have mentioned that FAU has not been able to beat MTSU in a long time. Playing on the road late in the season will make this a difficult task in 2016. Playing at Marshall will also be a big challenge. Marshall was a 10 win team last season. Finally, FAU gets WKU at home, but WKU has a potent offense and is a tough game no matter where it is played. WKU had 12 wins last year. Remember, WKU, MTSU, and Marshall all went bowling last year. While I would love to see an 8 or 9 win season, the realist in me sees 6 wins as more plausible.
GO OWLS!!!

I don't care if WKU, MTSU,or Marshall are perceived to be better losing all those games would be a huge failure.
1.We have given all those teams all they can handle in 3-9 years. We have lost to MTSU three straight times by 1 TD, WKU we player tougher then anyone in the conference last year and we get them off a bye week at home, Marshall has become a kinda sorta rivalry game for us because I know for a fact Charile does not like coach Holiday.
2. It is also time Charlie wins a game as an underdog I pretty sure he has not won a game as a kick off underdog. Its time to overachieve and show why you should be the head coach.
The 5 wins you have us getting vs FBS schools went 20-40 last year just beating those teams isn't where this team should be.
Back to the top

Rick said

Best case:

7-5

Worst case:

4-8

But we better go at least 6-6 or expect wholesale changes across the board.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Posted On: Aug 5th 2016, 11:15 AM #357524

I'll go go one better in the win column for best case at 8-4 and 4-8 for worst case. Here's how I think it could happen:

VS SIU -W
@ Miami- L
@KSU – L
VS Ball St- W
@ FIU- W
vs Char- W
@Marshall- L
VS WKU- W
@ Rice- W
VS UTEP- W
VS ODU- W
@ MTSU- L

We've beaten WKU at home when we shouldn't have when they were far better than us so I think we can take them at home, especially with a new QB. Marshall already has a solid QB so beating them in WV will be tough.

Lastly, I think the season comes to down to holding onto the ball. Everyone's talking about our running game, but I think people are forgetting (perhaps to block out the painful memories) that our RBs and QBs running literally lost games for us. If Jay and Buddy hold onto the ball then I think we go at least 7-5. If not then we'll have to rely heavily on young arms and that could be bad.
Back to the top
Control functions: