Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

It will get EASIER for the QB (whomever it is) when we play other D's who DO NOT KNOW OUR ROUTES AND RECEIVERS AS WELL. THEY will be having to read, react, even guess, causing slower reactions and looser coverage.

OUR D pretty much knows what is coming. Briles will have 'em ready, and now with even more speed to stretch the field and open up passing and running lanes!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

It will get EASIER for the QB (whomever it is) when we play other D's who DO NOT KNOW OUR ROUTES AND RECEIVERS AS WELL. THEY will be having to read, react, even guess, causing slower reactions and looser coverage.

OUR D pretty much knows what is coming. Briles will have 'em ready, and now with even more speed to stretch the field and open up passing and running lanes!
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 9:25 AM #370063

I do have to say Georgia, I think the D is going to be VASTLY improved from last year. Not just because of the influx of talent at almost every position (especially DL) but I also think the success of a defense doesn't hinge as much on "geling together" as the O does. The Linebackers and DL have been upgraded nicely and the secondary even got a few new faces though I always thought our seconday was the best group on D
Back to the top

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 9:25 AM #370063

I do have to say Georgia, I think the D is going to be VASTLY improved from last year. Not just because of the influx of talent at almost every position (especially DL) but I also think the success of a defense doesn't hinge as much on "geling together" as the O does. The Linebackers and DL have been upgraded nicely and the secondary even got a few new faces though I always thought our seconday was the best group on D
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 10:38 AM #370066

And the D will now be VERY aggressive on all three levels, back to the style that Coach DeWitt gad for his interim period. MAKE THINGS HAPPEN, ATTACK AND DISRUPT, don't just chase!!! The D WILL get burned, but surely no more than last year (IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???? :Laughing: ) but it will also create/force more turnovers and get more stops!

BETTER TALENT + BETTER COACHING + BETTER SCHEME = MUCH BETTER D!!!!!
Back to the top

Any word on the scrimmage yesterday, not a post yet or news yet. Any current students on this board to post info if you were there???
Back to the top

The main thing to note is that the QB battle was not settled.. Coach Kiffin would not comment on specific performance by each player but it is not over yet,  and this wasn't to play motivation angles. Still TBD. 
Back to the top

Rick said

The main thing to note is that the QB battle was not settled.. Coach Kiffin would not comment on specific performance by each player but it is not over yet,  and this wasn't to play motivation angles. Still TBD.

Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 2:47 PM #370070

At this point if Johnson wins it he's the starter, but if Parr or Driskell win it Kiffin will employ a 2 quarterback system with the winner and Johnson.  With the hopes that Johonson is a "gamer".
Back to the top

Nice! said

Rick said

Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 2:47 PM #370070

At this point if Johnson wins it he's the starter, but if Parr or Driskell win it Kiffin will employ a 2 quarterback system with the winner and Johnson.  With the hopes that Johonson is a "gamer".
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 2:52 PM #370071

bingo, Johnson will play regardless.

I understand the past frustration with MGIII - but Johnson is in another class, a former Mr. Florida who could have went anywhere he wanted out of HS. It's a bad comparison other than they were both dual threat JUCO QBs from the state of Florida. He hasn't played at this level for a couple years, it's going to take sometime to catch up to the speed and talent mentally and physically. If we are in conference play and he can't get the job done, then I stand corrected and we are on a path for a sub .500 season.
Back to the top

StPete, drop the Mr Florida stuff. That is history. Flash back  1978. My team mate was Defensive MR Florida. Went to FSU. NEVER started a game. I know Kiffen and Biles are going to start they guy that they think can win the games. Johnson may be the #3 guy on the team right now. Who knows. Oh and in case the other teams don't know this, on third and short, if they  bring in Johnson , it is a designed run. We get it. You like Johnson. I've been here so long , I'm for the guy that wins games.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

StPete, drop the Mr Florida stuff. That is history. Flash back  1978. My team mate was Defensive MR Florida. Went to FSU. NEVER started a game. I know Kiffen and Biles are going to start they guy that they think can win the games. Johnson may be the #3 guy on the team right now. Who knows. Oh and in case the other teams don't know this, on third and short, if they  bring in Johnson , it is a designed run. We get it. You like Johnson. I've been here so long , I'm for the guy that wins games.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 3:31 PM #370073

Look at the past  winners of Mr. Florida football, based on percentages I think your opinion is incorrect.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

All I am saying is titles don't win you the starting job. That needs to be earned. I am aware that most Mr Florida players turn out great. I'm hoping Johnson is one of them. He hasn't showed it yet.
Back to the top