Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

Everyone, meet your new threat at WR/TE DeAndre McNeal - whatever they play him at…via Matt DeFranks @ The Sentinel:

Back to the top

I get it. I absolutely get it. I know he has skills. Now can we agree that he hasn't played up to those talked about levels. Until he out plays Jason, what do you do ? Play him until he shows up ? If II were a betting man , I would bet on him being our starter. I'm just saying that he needs to step up and prove it.
Back to the top

If he has NFL aspriations (he does) he will have to, and this O will put him in that position!
Back to the top

With Sunday off, the squad returned to the field 25 minutes earlier than scheduled on Monday in an attempt to beat the forecasted weather created by Tropical Storm Emily.

It wasn’t long before the rains blew in from the west providing another teaching opportunity for the Owls.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin 

“I like this (weather) because we obviously we may play games in this. It is good for our players to see that and learn how to practice in that so they can play better in a game. (It was) a little bit sloppy today. Too many turnovers which is a lesson for next time. You have to be even safer with the ball and more accurate with the balls when you have conditions like this.” 
Back to the top

NJOWL said

The kid started every single game for high school starting in his freshman year, lost one game, was named Mr. Florida, and competed with Francois for the starting job… He is our starter.
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 8:10 PM #369671

Exactly. It's a foregone conclusion. He would have beat out francois.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

14Era said

NJOWL said

The kid started every single game for high school starting in his freshman year, lost one game, was named Mr. Florida, and competed with Francois for the starting job… He is our starter.

Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 3:02 PM #369695

I do NOT care who the QB is.  Whoever can play at the highest level is the guy I want.  If Deandre is so great he will win the job.  But if Driskel, Parr or Frank beat him out AWESOME!  Means we had a great competition.  Just throw accurate passes and make good decisions.
Back to the top

Here's some video highlights and interviews from today's football practice session via Frank Forte…

Back to the top

Don't Care! said

14Era said

NJOWL said

Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 3:02 PM #369695

I do NOT care who the QB is.  Whoever can play at the highest level is the guy I want.  If Deandre is so great he will win the job.  But if Driskel, Parr or Frank beat him out AWESOME!  Means we had a great competition.  Just throw accurate passes and make good decisions.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 3:17 PM #369696

EXACTLY!
Back to the top

Rick said

Here's some video highlights and interviews from today's football practice session via Frank Forte…
Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 7:55 PM #369702

EXCELLENT VIDEO!!!!
Back to the top

Tuesday marked the first day of full pads for Florida Atlantic University’s football team.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“Score today as normal. No matter how much you talk about it guys staying up and practicing the way we want to. We struggled with that. Too many guys on the ground, getting hurt. We will continue to show them that so that we can practice at full speed like we want to but stay healthy at the same time. I thought the defense had a really good day. Did some really good things. Forced a bunch of turnovers. That was good to see.”

Back to the top