Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

Rick said

Kiffin was hired on the 13th, and Johnson signed on the 16th.

That is three days and shows the author of the cited quote as incorrect.

Regardless Kiffin did not offer him, nor did he meet with him. All of the leg work and extension was done by Partridge and Kelly - personally.

Here's a legitimate quote:

"I wouldn't know him if he walked in the room," Kiffin told reporters in Atlanta on Wednesday. "It was something the president, the athletic director, the previous staff had done a ton of research. They had connections at the junior college where he was at, they had brought him in, spent 48 hours around him, did a ton of research.

"They had already sent him his papers. That was something that was totally in place and was already done before I even got there."
Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 7:43 AM #369969

Those quotes smell of someone trying to distance themselves from assault. Point remains Kiffin was the coach who signed Deandre…it's his guy.
Back to the top

StPeteOwl said

Rick said

Regardless Kiffin did not offer him, nor did he meet with him. All of the leg work and extension was done by Partridge and Kelly - personally.

"I wouldn't know him if he walked in the room," Kiffin told reporters in Atlanta on Wednesday. "It was something the president, the athletic director, the previous staff had done a ton of research. They had connections at the junior college where he was at, they had brought him in, spent 48 hours around him, did a ton of research.

"They had already sent him his papers. That was something that was totally in place and was already done before I even got there."

Those quotes smell of someone trying to distance themselves from assault. Point remains Kiffin was the coach who signed Deandre…it's his guy.
Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 8:36 AM #369971

You really think Lane is worried about being associated with kids with some character issues?
Back to the top

Agenda much?  Try not to let the facts get in the way of your thesis.  Don't be so silly.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

StPeteOwl said

Rick said

You really think Lane is worried about being associated with kids with some character issues?
Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 8:40 AM #369972

Obviously not…I think DeAndre is the starter. It's all about perception.
Back to the top

He's not the starter the way he's playing right now.
Back to the top

Wrong said

Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 9:25 AM #369975

My question for you is…. in practice, where every rep is important to the development of the team. Does it make any sense to throw the ball away? fire it into the sidelines. FOR WHAT REASON? or maybe, just maybe the coaches want to see what the defense can do and IF they can make plays. Heck maybe the wr comes up with a crazy catch which can come up big if needed in a game. A lot of guys are not practice players. But when the lights come on they shine.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I know several on here think there is no way DeAndre is not the starter at QB, but it certainly seems like there is quite a bit of competition going on and most of what I read says he is forcing too many throws and has been not only low on completion percentage but also high on turnovers.  At the same time, Driskel and now even Parr appear to be playing well and getting praise.  Johnson's legs are what could be a huge difference-maker, but with today's announcement about John Franklin (another former "Last Chance U" star) transferring from Auburn to FAU it certainly seems like Kiffin wants competition AND must not be totally sold on what he has at QB right now???  With the stable of RBs we have, we need a QB who does NOT turn the ball over.

I would expect a new thread going about Franklin, but thought I would throw that in here to get people's take on the QB position and on what realistic expectations we should have for anybody (Franklin or any of the other guys) who were late to camp.  Hard to imagine a QB stepping in at a new college and being ready to play with only 2 weeks to go before the first game.
Posted On: Aug 15th 2017, 3:54 PM #369939
jf3 is coming to fau as a WR…

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

14Era said

Wrong said

Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 9:25 AM #369975
My question for you is…. in practice, where every rep is important to the development of the team. Does it make any sense to throw the ball away? fire it into the sidelines. FOR WHAT REASON? or maybe, just maybe the coaches want to see what the defense can do and IF they can make plays. Heck maybe the wr comes up with a crazy catch which can come up big if needed in a game. A lot of guys are not practice players. But when the lights come on they shine.

Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 12:09 PM #369979

4 for 17 at a scrimmage is awful.  You have to show something and the video could show he's making all the right decisions.  But right now the other QB's are outperforming him.
Back to the top

StPeteOwl said

Rick said

Man you are way off base, heaven forbid you let facts get in the way of your agenda.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

StPeteOwl said

Rick said

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to the top