Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Rick said

Kick-off time for the FAU game versus Bethune-Cookman University on Saturday, Sept. 16 at FAU Stadium has been moved to a 6:30 p.m. kickoff.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2017, 6:14 PM #370189

Gee guys I sure wonder why they moved it up. Can anyone think of any good reasons?

On a serious note, I'm glad FAU took its fans opinions into account and did the logical thing. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

8 p.m. start pretty late if not on National TV IMHO! Game not over til 11:00-11:30!
Back to the top

Mazel Tov to you NJOWL
Back to the top

Away Buffalo game has a tailgate concert scheduled featuring the Gin Blossoms…

I'm jealous…which means I have "Jealousy".

:Laughing:

Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

Kick-off time for the FAU game versus Bethune-Cookman University on Saturday, Sept. 16 at FAU Stadium has been moved to a 6:30 p.m. kickoff.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2017, 6:14 PM #370189
Gee guys I sure wonder why they moved it up. Can anyone think of any good reasons?

On a serious note, I'm glad FAU took its fans opinions into account and did the logical thing.

Posted On: Aug 25th 2017, 6:32 PM #370190

They didn't move the game because of UM-FSU.  They gave no consideration, if they did the game would have a 3:30 or 4 pm start.  They don't care about UM FSU.  6:30 makes no difference if they want fans to come and still watch an 8 pm.
Back to the top

8 o clock is a little late for non National TV game.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Aug 26th 2017, 10:47 AM #370195

It makes a heck of a lot of difference to bethune-cookman fans

A 6:30pm game would be over by 10 and BCC team and fans
could make it back home by 1 or 2 am.

An 8pm game would likely require an overnight stay.

Also perhaps having halftime at 8:30 may make some more likely to see a performance
by the bethune cookman band which for me would be one of the highlights of the game.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Also perhaps having halftime at 8:30 may make some more likely to see a performance
by the bethune cookman band which for me would be one of the highlights of the game.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2017, 4:37 PM #370201
I was planning on just not going to this game and catching it at a bar while also watching the canes play fsu but now that its at a better time, I'll prob go, tailgate and stay the first hr (hopefully we're up big at that point) then head over to Hooters for the big game and watch the rest of ours. Will have to wear my Miami jersey under my FAU one I just love Miami- FSU rivalry easily my fav P5 match up every season too bad the Canes haven't pulled one put in a while though
Back to the top

LawOwl said

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Aug 26th 2017, 4:37 PM #370201
I was planning on just not going to this game and catching it at a bar while also watching the canes play fsu but now that its at a better time, I'll prob go, tailgate and stay the first hr (hopefully we're up big at that point) then head over to Hooters for the big game and watch the rest of ours. Will have to wear my Miami jersey under my FAU one I just love Miami- FSU rivalry easily my fav P5 match up every season too bad the Canes haven't pulled one put in a while though

Posted On: Aug 26th 2017, 9:12 PM #370204

I stopped rooting for other teams on September 1, 2011.
Back to the top

This is proof that FAU isn't where it needs to be with it's fan base.  When people on a FAU blog will still skip a FAU game to watch another game, we aren't there. I understand why. UM/FSU is a great game. But I will watch the highlights of that game later.
Back to the top
Control functions: