Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Spring Game Thread

Add topic

Rick said

Driskel starts. Singletary getting lot of touches for the offense in the first half. Takes one in from 21 yards out to get them on the board.  #FAU D 8  O 7
Posted On: Apr 22nd 2017, 4:26 PM #368443

Is that score right???
Back to the top

Bussey gives the offense another score but the D is still in control 20 - 14 with 1:35 to go in the first. 
Back to the top

FAU Spring Game End 1st Offense 14 Defense 25.
Back to the top

Halftime Offense 20 Defense 41.

Steven Frank looked good on the last drive of the period with a number of consecutive completions. 
Back to the top

End 3rd Offense  27 Defense 47.
Back to the top

FAU Spring Game Final Defense 62 Offense 33.
Back to the top

Before I give my take on the game, I want to read a few other posts. I don't know if what I'm thinking  others will agree with.
Back to the top

I'll go.

Surprising but I don't think it really means anything.

Driskel was clearly the best QB today, he looked good overall.  Johnson's best attribute can't be used in a spring game but his throws were definitely off.  
RBs…awesome.
O line…could be a problem.

I think we saw what Kiffin wanted us to see and nothing more.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I agree with Dusky. I also think we had too many dropped passes and over thrown balls.

Defense looked decent. Offense needs some work.

Also someone needs to get Lane's kid some owl gear. Was that a gator shirt he had on? Time to go visit It's Owl Time.
Back to the top

OK. I can't wait any longer. QB….Driskel was the only one to move the O. RB…3-4 deep.  WR…B+. O line…today D. Defense..running and hitting. Missing some guys but still put lots of pressure on QB. I think Chris K will get them  OK. My biggest disappointment was Johnson.. Maybe I was expecting  too much. Driskel looked like he could take control of the O. Still early. Still missing players. Who knows what the August FAU team will look like. Al-shire on side lines looks like a physical specimen. Wow, He has bulked up. Over all grade …maybe a C. But Kiffen called it the last practice and not a game. Good thing.
Back to the top
Control functions: